UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

my 1st s2000 (airbag dependant)

Old 02-24-2011, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hard to tell, as long as you do the normal HPI checks and everything is OK, I wouldn't worry too much.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:54 AM

aye, fair enough.

so 12k and he's not for budging. and NO tax. can they sell a car with no tax?

sound like decent value (espcially if i get 6 months tax)
Old 02-24-2011, 12:15 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

I never sell a car with tax, you can cash the remainder left with the DVLA via the post office. As you are looking at an 06 thats £425 PA at the moment, no wonder he wants to sell it without.

The paint on Hondas is exceptionally thin, so either he's had it sprayed because of chips (did the same on my old CRX) for cosmetic reasons or for the other reason!.

and the discs go rusty when you wash the car, they are only mild steel.

If you've done the checks and they come back clean the only thing to consider is has it had a non insurence repair.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:25 PM

cheers.

im gonna look at another tomorrow for comparison.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:37 PM

The forward facing car seat should be fine, I have one in mine for my 15 month old daughter.

Her head is no further forward than a full sized passengers' would be.

Her seat has a 5 point harness which would keep her in place better than the 3 point job.

At the end of the day, it's up to you. I don't drive the same way when she's in with me as I do when I'm on my own.

Risk analysis complete. Risks minimal & accepted.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Hale,Feb 24 2011, 01:37 PM
At the end of the day, it's up to you. I don't drive the same way when she's in with me as I do when I'm on my own.

Risk analysis complete. Risks minimal & accepted.
Whos opinion is that yours or your daughters? and what about the twunts you come accross who might put your car, you, and your daughter into a ditch or tree?

Post what you like in reply I've just pressed ignore, like the advice in the Honda book seems to have been, my last word, if it's in the Honda book it will be quoted in court, quoted by your insurance Co, whoever is to blame in a fatal accident.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:01 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Forward facing seats are fine.

Honda says lots of things in the handbook and some of it contradicts itself. The advice regarding children in the car is one of those contradictions.

But even if Honda do say something in the book, it's not the law.

The law says you can't have rear facing child seat in the front seat of a car with airbag activated. The law does however allow you to have a child in a forward facing child seat.

So you're not going to end up in court for putting your child in a forward facing child seat in a S2000.

PS brake discs are iron not steel. You give a lot of inaccurate advice, brake discs composition and the threat of ending up in court over a child seat being two examples.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by richmc,Feb 23 2011, 05:13 PM
And from that thread Honda recomends "nobody under twelve" and that WOULD be quoted in court.
What a load of crap.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by lower,Feb 24 2011, 02:03 PM
What a load of crap.
Belive it, any lawer worth his outragious pay would pounce on it. Read the book it's in there to protect honda, but anything you say etc.

Now I've just drunk two bottles of wine, have done the risk assesment and despite the law etc. telling me otherwise I'm off for some VTECing.

And what do you think steel is made from?

And what is the law regards a child in any forward facing seat relates to weight and height.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by richmc,Feb 24 2011, 10:07 PM
Belive it, any lawer worth his outragious pay would pounce on it. Read the book it's in there to protect honda, but anything you say etc.

Now I've just drunk two bottles of wine, have done the risk assesment and despite the law etc. telling me otherwise I'm off for some VTECing.

what do you think steel is made from?

And what is the law regards a child in any forward facing seat relates to weight and height.
I don't believe it because you quite simply won't end up in court for putting a child in a forward facing child seat in a S2000 because you won't have broken any law by doing so.

Quick Reply: my 1st s2000 (airbag dependant)