UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

my car & some new wheels ?

Old 03-07-2011, 07:32 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Madfish
Hmm do I smell a small hint of sarcasm there? car must handle weird with those wheels, surely? Nice looking wheels though!

I can't see how fitting those wheels and tyres to a razor sharp handling sports car is in any way sensible. I don't mean that in an insulting way or to cause offence, but it's just totally against my way of thinking. The offsets are clearly way out and the tyres will be just dangerous. Just don't see the appeal or why one would do it?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All comes back to personal preference really, one persons vision is not necessarily everyones.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:13 AM

indeed... if every s2000 looked the same it would be a boring place.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by MB

I can't see how fitting those wheels and tyres to a razor sharp handling sports car is in any way sensible. I don't mean that in an insulting way or to cause offence, but it's just totally against my way of thinking. The offsets are clearly way out and the tyres will be just dangerous. Just don't see the appeal or why one would do it?
I'm with you.

Personally if something is designed for a purpose, you can modify it to improve its efficiency or capability of fulfilling that designed purpose but to go away from it completely seems somewhat alien to me.

I would just be so shit scared of kerbing those alloys and bending the mating surface!

Definitely a marmite thing.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by gbduo
I'm with you.

Personally if something is designed for a purpose, you can modify it to improve its efficiency or capability of fulfilling that designed purpose but to go away from it completely seems somewhat alien to me.

I would just be so shit scared of kerbing those alloys and bending the mating surface!

Definitely a marmite thing.

or on the flip side, their is modify to beautify ?
Old 03-08-2011, 01:53 AM

@dan hale

no mate as far as im aware, thats why stretch kind of came about due to if the tread of the tyre is inside the arch its ok.. or so i believe, if not.. looks like i may be getting a lot of attention from the rozzers
Old 03-08-2011, 02:00 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Looks like you took your eye off the gauge when inflating them, if you like them fine, not to my taste though.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:18 AM
UK Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I can't beleive you took off those lovely Volks to fit these???

Chris.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:16 PM

+1 for the Volks.

– Hon
Old 03-08-2011, 11:16 PM

Modifying for looks. Fine if that's your thing and you like it, it's your car; however, if you post pictures and ask for opinion expect some opinions that may not be in line with your own.

But then please don't fall into the trap of claiming you didn't do it for looks alone and tell us it grips and/or handles and/or rides better than stock because, of course, that would be laughable...

Quick Reply: my car & some new wheels ?