UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

My new front end...

Old 10-03-2007, 10:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink My new front end...

My new front end was finally finished off this afternoon by a local firm called Little Knocks in Wokingham. Both MJ2K and funster have recently taken their cars there after being the victim of "egging" attacks. Both seemed very happy with the work carried out so I thought I'd give them a try.

I wanted to remove those nasty washer jets, number plate mounting holes, add my new BYS (Back Yard Special) chin spoiler and cut an intake hole for my Mugen CAI. I got the bumper from lucky77 (cheers Jay) and the chin spoiler from Taka Kaira. It was then just a case of cutting the intake hole myself. I fitted the new bumper to the car and lined up where the hole needed to go (guess work basically ). I started by masking the area off, marking the outline of the hole in pencil, and then drilling pilot holes into it. You then carefully cut away the rest. I did make the hole slightly bigger than I had originally planned. I’m pleased I did tbh.

In hindsight I should have raised the hole up a touch. But there wasn't a great deal I could do about that at this stage

With the exception of the towing eye hole, the rest was plastic welded and then filled. Little Knocks were very good at not rushing the process. They gave the filler time to dry out, as over time it can shrink and become visible under your newly painted bumper.

And here is the finished article. I may put something round the edge of the hole just to smarten it up a bit. Not sure yet.

To hide the cross member behind the hole, I had to spray a section in matt black just so you couldn't see it through the hole like you can in the first photo.

I don't like the "stuck on" front number plate, so I went with mounting a 3/4 sized plate in the central hole. It has four stickie pads on the back with holes in so you can run some cable ties through, and then attach it to the grille behind.

I'm very happy with the colour match of the yellow, as I know how hard it can be to get yellows right. It is a fraction lighter, but not that noticeable. They took their time in prepping the bumper as it was badly chipped and needed a lot of work to get it as smooth as it is now. Chris was very good at explaining what they were doing, and how best to get the finish I wanted. There is no doubt they know what they are doing. In fact when I was there last they had a nearly new Porsche 911 GT-something being seen to. My only slight criticism was that they didn’t quite mask off the bumper properly when they re sprayed the black side vents today. Not the end of the World tbh.

Next is to get my wheels redone
Old 10-03-2007, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There seem to be a hole after all that work, just to the left on centre on the bottom photos...
Old 10-03-2007, 10:33 AM

Ps looks mint although i'd have kept the washer jets, ugly as they are, just for the fact that it now looks like an import when you come to sell it.. Good job though..
Old 10-03-2007, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by JimUK,Oct 3 2007, 07:33 PM
Ps looks mint although i'd have kept the washer jets, ugly as they are, just for the fact that it now looks like an import when you come to sell it..
Too late. I've got 'em.

Looking good J8mie.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by GrittyShaker,Oct 3 2007, 10:35 AM
Too late. I've got 'em.
Bit greedy having two sets isnt it??!!
Old 10-03-2007, 10:47 AM

Top work Jamie

Much better without the jets and number plate holder
Old 10-03-2007, 10:52 AM

Watch you dont get any letters & newspapers in that hole!

Looks cool though. Love the smooth look.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:54 AM

Now you need some venture tape to keep it looking that good1
Old 10-03-2007, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by JimUK,Oct 3 2007, 07:33 PM
Ps looks mint although i'd have kept the washer jets, ugly as they are, just for the fact that it now looks like an import when you come to sell it.. Good job though..
nothing wrong with imports! they ARE purest form of greatness plus a bit more power never hurts!
Old 10-03-2007, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by kitkat,Oct 3 2007, 11:01 AM
nothing wrong with imports! they ARE purest form of greatness plus a bit more power never hurts!
Is Sebring silver the same as silverstone or is that a daft question?!

No, nothing wrong with imports..

Quick Reply: My new front end...