UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

My S2000. From the start to where ever it is going to end up!

Old 10-29-2012, 02:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A restricted exhaust can help with more boost with a supercharger. TTS have seen boost drop with a to free flowing exhaust. Whether conditions make a big difference, you will see more boost in the winter than in the summer. Did you clean the air filter before install? Any slight restriction on the intake track can limit boost, trust me I found out the hard way Dirty filter lost me 1 psi and if you push the filter on too far that can lose you another 1 psi.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:40 AM

have you got a picture of the engine with it installed?
Old 10-29-2012, 02:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for posting mate, really interesting read.

And how bl00dy good do those MKI Golfs look? beautiful I want one NOW!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to hear its all up and running, 400+ bhp is soo much fun isn't it

I hope she stays together for you, I did manage 3k and two trackdays before I encountered my first technical difficulty. Keep am casting your eye over the top alternator bracket and the large bolt under the charger.

I agree with the nobmaster, vids or ban!!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by K3Nguru
I've been waiting for this thread, Rob. Links to your newest track day videos or ban!

Tommi
I'll get them up when I can but it all fell apart again. Silent videos with no obd or gps. I really can't be bothered with it all now, its more hassle than its worth.

I tested the mic the night before, found the lose connection and taped it up but on the day still no sound!
The obd/gps alaprecorder all screwed up again. I fudged it by loading a gps version of the track from previous visits and it said my best lap was 10 seconds a lap slower than my best when na??! I only got a few clear laps the whole day though and called it a day after just two sessions after lunch as I didn't want to push the car too much on its first outing.

I'm not sure what was going on there but I was taking it easier but not that much. I was having to totally relearn the track as every corner needed new braking points, some corners I was hard on the brakes where I was just lifting off the throttle in the past. Also it was a very busy day, someone rolled and closed the track for an hour whilst an ambulance got to them. Passenger in a bit of a bad way apparently. It was a caged clio track hire car. Quite scary really, so the track was really busy for a while whilst everyone piled back on. A few clear laps in the afternoon though and 10 seconds slower. Odd. I'm not sure I can even trust the gps though, I'#ll have to watch the vid, I expect when I watch it I'll be making mistakes all over the place

Gear shifts were causing me quite an issue, with the uprated mounts the shift is so much more precise and crisp, like a gated shift now. Great on the road but on the track I was struggling to get it in gear as I was hitting the divider if that makes sense, on change took me four goes! Embarrassing.

Fun day though
Old 10-29-2012, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by mattie170
A restricted exhaust can help with more boost with a supercharger. TTS have seen boost drop with a to free flowing exhaust. Whether conditions make a big difference, you will see more boost in the winter than in the summer. Did you clean the air filter before install? Any slight restriction on the intake track can limit boost, trust me I found out the hard way Dirty filter lost me 1 psi and if you push the filter on too far that can lose you another 1 psi.
The more I think about it the odder it is. As suggested perhaps I should have the filter cleaned or even a bigger one fitted?

Catching up with Steve, the previous owner, he was getting 11psi stock then had the restrictor opened up to get 13psi. TTS said to him without it he should see about 18psi. Dixon reckons without it would be more like 15-16.

I thought Steve removed the restrictor to get 13psi so Dixon said he would remove it. But I am only getting 11psi when it is dynod. Something isn't stacking up here. I am going to have a check on the car tonight. With it off I don't see how I would only see 11.

I also upgraded the map sensor to the hondata 4 bar one...
Old 10-29-2012, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by zzkamikazezz
Originally Posted by mattie170' timestamp='1351507173' post='22114878
The more I think about it the odder it is. As suggested perhaps I should have the filter cleaned or even a bigger one fitted?

Catching up with Steve, the previous owner, he was getting 11psi stock then had the restrictor opened up to get 13psi. TTS said to him without it he should see about 18psi. Dixon reckons without it would be more like 15-16.

I thought Steve removed the restrictor to get 13psi so Dixon said he would remove it. But I am only getting 11psi when it is dynod. Something isn't stacking up here. I am going to have a check on the car tonight. With it off I don't see how I would only see 11.

I also upgraded the map sensor to the hondata 4 bar one...
A bigger one will help as you'll have to clean it less. What kit is it, supersport or full race? Where did you get the boost reading from? ECU or another gauge?
Old 10-29-2012, 04:00 AM

Its the supersport kit. I think the piping and intercooler also restrict the boost on this kit?

That was what Romain was saying the ecu was showing when mapping. A boost module for the dm-100 is on my list of future bits to pick up at some point.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:24 AM

The intercooler on yours is much smaller than the full race and they do reduce boost so you would never see 18 psi on your kit as it is. Probably 13-15psi max.

I have found recently if the hondata 4 bar map sensor was set up with the omnipower 4 bar sensor settings in the aem it won't read the correct values, mine was reading 2psi down. At 9k on a boost gauge it would read 18psi but the ecu said it was only 16psi. I have sorted it now as changed the map sensor settings so it actually reads 18psi at 9krpm. So you might actually be getting 13 psi but the ecu doesn't realise.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:30 AM

Just seen you've got flash pro so it won't be that, but still need to check it with a boost gauge as I wouldn't trust what the ecu says

Quick Reply: My S2000. From the start to where ever it is going to end up!