UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

My Supercharged Build

Old 06-06-2019, 12:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My Supercharged Build

Hi, so just wanted to document everything my partner and I have done to my AP1 2001 S2000. When I got the car 4 years ago, it was completely stock, see photos below:

Totally stock

Stock ride height

Completely standard
Old 06-06-2019, 01:04 PM

Default My first mods

So after getting the car it was clear something had to be done for handling, so I got my Advan RG2s and lowered on Tein Lowering Springs

First fit

Tein Lowering springs
Old 06-06-2019, 01:15 PM

Default From quiet to loud...

A few months later, it was apparent more noise was certainly needed... it also made quite the power different, it went from 236bhp to 243bhp, 7bph gains.
I installed a Skunk 2 mega power exhaust which is 2.5inch and also added in the Skunk 2 decat as well.

Old 06-06-2019, 02:13 PM

Default First track day

Mallory Park

Old 06-06-2019, 02:25 PM

Default The build begins...

So after many a year tinkering and playing, the time has come that more power was required. And so I was faced with the age old debate; turbo v supercharged. For me personally it was a no brainer that supercharged was the route for me. I wanted big gains and liner power delivery... so it was which kit to go for. I decided TTS with the Rotrex charger was the one.

Rotrex C38-91 supercharger

The full TTS race kit

Race spec front mount intercooler

Before...

Air box etc removed. The beauty of mid engine cars, so much room!!

Brackets going on

Pully’s added

Hard pipes going in

Charger bolted on

Intercooler hooked up

Air filters added, oil systems added for the charger

Closer look of the bay

[i]The intercooler looking mean, was a shame to hide it behind a bumper
Old 06-06-2019, 02:32 PM

Default The additional mods ...

So to support the charger we needed additional mods. I went for the Competition Clutch stage 3

And for ECU, it just had to be the AEM Series 2.

We plugged it all in put a base map on for the 1000cc injectors and limped it to the mappers (thanks Future Motorsport) for its tune.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:42 PM

Default Map time!

At Future Motorsports in Thurlaston we were getting some issues with it leaning off, so our attention turned to fuelling. I upgraded the lot, went for braided lines, AEM fuel rail from the states and a Aeromotive fuel reg. We also ripped out and replaced the in tank filter as well with a fresh genuine oem one. This sorted the fuelling issues. We no safely run 460bhp at 9k limiter. The VTEC has been dropped for 6.5k to 5k and a launch control set at 5k as well.

First look and inspection at Future Motorsport

Bonnet up

Additional fuelling mods added

AEM rail, braided lines and Aeromotive reg

Assembled and on

Aeromotive Reg

AEM fuel rail
Old 06-06-2019, 02:52 PM

Default Now for the other bits...

More power added means more stopping power required... I initially went for K-Sports 6 pots:

But unfortunately I couldn’t get enough wheel clearance on my Advan’s so off these went for sale. I decided to bite the bullet at get 4pots (thinking these would be smaller) so I went and imported a set of Spoons from japan... 8 weeks later they arrived!! I also got new StopTech discs and paired them with ProjectMu pads (best pads ever!!)

Spoon 4pots

Spoon 4pots, StopTech discs & Project Mu pads with braided lines
Old 06-06-2019, 03:09 PM

Default Handling mods...

With all this extra power I needed to turn my attention to the handling. As I wanted to do some track and fast road handling was just, if not more important than the power itself.

We bought a second hand straight rear subframe then sent that off for powercoat (Black obv). In the mean time I ordered what seemed at the time a million and one bushes!! We decided it’s best to just rip to whole lot out and replace with new and re polly bush. I went for a mix of Powerflex and Hardrace bushes and ball joints for both front and rear, along with new OEM bolts (Honda parts guy nearly fell over when we did the order for all of those!!)

[i]Out with the old & in with the new

Old 06-06-2019, 03:16 PM

Default Cosmetics time!

I couldn’t do all this mechanical work without addressing some body work issues. My front end was very stone chipped (curse of black paint) and I also had spots of rust on the rear arches as many s2000s suffer. So off to Darkside bodyshop we went.

the whole car was sanded down, the rust chopped out and replaced (Daz was a genius and used a replacement door to fabricate the new rear arches) you’d never tell!!!

Whilst all of that was happening I decided it was time for some shopping to give it a bit of attitude!

Quick Reply: My Supercharged Build