UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

My Supercharged Build

Old 06-08-2019, 02:01 AM

Received 245 Likes on 211 Posts

Hope you’ve kept some cash for a camera, we want to see track footage, impressive, comprehensive build and report.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:33 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Looks lovely.. keep it up..
Just recently bought an s2k and have had to do the whole rear end de rustong and polybushing.. will hopefully be similar to this build in a few years
Old 06-08-2019, 01:12 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Good work sir
Old 06-08-2019, 02:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks all for the kind messages. I’ll have to get myself a GoPro for track days!

Yeah it’s the only way to do the body work properly to fully remove the rust otherwise it’ll just come back through IMO.

More updates to follow, so stay tuned in
Old 06-08-2019, 10:04 PM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

It's not just removing the rust, it's removing things like door handles, mirrors, headlights, badges and indicators to make sure paint is on things that should be painted The number of people who do this and leave that stuff on the car amazes me.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:58 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Nice journey from stock to 'charged weapon. Makes me miss mine, almost.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:54 AM

Default In For Geo

Hi, sorry I’ve been MIA this past week - had a lot on!

i think we had just got to the body shop on the last post. After having him back from paint it was time to send him off for a proper geo set up now the Öhlins are on and subframes are all in and sorted.

I took it to one one of the best, Centre Gravity in Atherstone. They’ve done more S2000’s that you can shake a stick at!! Off we went, a short hope down the back roads (thankfully they’re local).

They got it up in the air, cracked everything off with ease which they were very grateful for and started the alignment process. I worked from their office that day so was treated with being able to pop in and out throughout they day to answer questions etc. After explaining exactly what I wanted from the car we came up with a pretty solid set up targeted for tack use. I was weighed (so I didn’t have to sit in the car all day, they put weights on the drivers seat that matched my weight (embarrassing!) and also weighed the boot for half a tank.

It went in being obviously very unpredictable as the subframes has all been out and back in again, but even before that it was never a great set up - it did the job though, I had some track day fun when it was NA and it handled well but I knew it’s limitations. After though, it’s a dream to drive, no fighting no driver/car arguments or miscommunication, I turn it turns. The different is night and day.

After a test drive I was impressed, it drove great and I was chomping at the bit to get on with the drive home to really push its buttons and see what we could do, I run semi slicks and by the time I’d reached the end of the road and got it warmed up the typical British weather took hold and had other plans, the heavens opened. Before this would of been a bit no no it would of been a real steady drive home, but I was assured even in the wet it would hook up, so I gave it a go and even on wet roads with semi slicks it was great, obviously a bit of sliding at points due to the wet and tyre choice but it was so controllable and manageable.

After a few agonising days waiting for the weather to improve I went out, cold crisp & dry. It blew me away!! It was really like night and day the transformation. I was over the moon.

Before

After

The following users liked this post:
Bubbels** (06-16-2019)
Old 06-17-2019, 04:11 AM

What a nice project! So many great parts . Personally, I'd like to have a slightly less rear toe but your liking is all that matters. Anyway, it's just a little more tyre wear if you're driving on normal roads.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:25 PM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Awesome job and great looking car
Like said above you should try half of the rear toe from what you got there.
Tyre wear will improve greatly without and real drawbacks in handling.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:57 PM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by flanders
Awesome job and great looking car
Like said above you should try half of the rear toe from what you got there.
Tyre wear will improve greatly without and real drawbacks in handling.
I'd disagree, especially on a 2001 car with all that extra power. The toe will help keep the car on the road.

Quick Reply: My Supercharged Build