UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

My UK Kraftwerks Supercharged S2000 Build

Old 09-20-2015, 01:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by noodels
Nice read
like the oval oem look tailpipes fits like they should do
Thanks

Yes, it had to be ovals - they just look right on the rear bumper.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:08 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I had an 8 340MR and a moonrock S at the same time, great chalk and cheese combination.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Anees
Thanks for the comment guys. The car has really felt like a project between friends and we have learnt so much and it's great sense of accomplishment when you know you've done something like this like this.

Originally Posted by S2KIP' timestamp='1442735585' post='23752283
Very nice build.

Do you still have the Evo at all?

One thing I'll say is if you haven't replaced the OEM anti roll bars, get some Eibachs on there. I've got Ohlins coilovers and I had Eibach sway bars put on yesterday and it's made it a complete weapon now.
Yes, lucky enough to still have the Evo but my attention recently has been on the s2000. I'm active on MLR and there is a build thread on the car in the TRL developments section. The Evo (and probably the s2000) are the kind of cars I'm prepared to keep as long as possible since I know no one will pay anywhere near what they cost to build so I may as well just enjoy them and not worry about it.

I was toying with anti roll bars but was reading that they can change the balance and characteristics of the handling and I wasn't too confident that I'd be able to understand and feel the changes with out more time driving the car. I will look into them later however - how have you found the ride with the Eibach anti roll bars and Ohlins combo? Did you replace both?

I've set my dampening to the recommended Ohlins settings for now and they seem to work well. I'm also looking for a easy way to adjust the dampening on the rear without having to cut holes out of the trim. Have you had chance to experiment with dampening settings?

Thanks
I had an Evo IX before my S2000, nothing too major in terms of mods but I had it running around 430 bhp, I do miss the straight line speed to be fair! So I have been toying with the idea of supercharging but I can't help but feel I'll ruin the balance of the car.

The ride is perfectly acceptable. I have the Ohlins set to their recommended settings as you have and on the road I've not felt the need to change. Maybe when I start doing some track days and my confidence starts building up but we shall see.

I've only done 80 or so miles since having the sway bars replaced, and yeah, I did front and back. Another thing worth thinking about is that the earlier cars have larger roll bars than the later I think, mine's an 06 so it may have a different before and after feel compared to yours. All I can say is my car now feels right, it wasn't bad before but since the sway bars have gone on it's tremendous to drive and corners like a house fly.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:23 AM

I was looking at r34 gtrs this morning I think I've changed my mind. I will have a boosted s2000!
Old 09-20-2015, 03:40 AM

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

Fantasic build, you have got to bring this along to the NW meet this Thursday
Old 09-23-2015, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by mcrossley
Fantasic build, you have got to bring this along to the NW meet this Thursday
Sorry can't make it Mark this Thursday but I've PM'd you
Old 09-23-2015, 02:42 AM

Ordered a Carbon Radiator Cooling Tray and some nice Anodized bolts to tidy up the engine bay.

I have been reading about Water Methanol injection kits - do they help keep the car cool on track? Might consider it as an option to further help with cooling.

Old 09-23-2015, 03:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Amazing build!
Old 09-23-2015, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tegiwa Imports
Amazing build!
Thanks - the adjustable toe arms, carbon cooling plate, exhaust manifold and a few little other bits were all from your website - thanks for the forum discount for S2ki members.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Anees
Originally Posted by Tegiwa Imports' timestamp='1443007241' post='23755344
Amazing build!
Thanks - the adjustable toe arms, carbon cooling plate, exhaust manifold and a few little other bits were all from your website - thanks for the forum discount for S2ki members.
Thanks! Did you get the kit from Moddication? Were we not competitive?

Quick Reply: My UK Kraftwerks Supercharged S2000 Build