UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

NCSR Report

Old 08-18-2001, 01:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NCSR Report

Following the recent launch of the official government backed New Car Security Ratings (NCSR), there have been press articals about the apparent ease with which the Honda S2000 can be broken into and stolen.

In its five star rating system, the Honda S2000 was credited with just a single star both for "theft of" and "theft from" the vehicle.

NCSR now acknowledges that this rating was incorrect "due to a data transfer problem" The correct ranking for the S2000 should have been "Three Stars for theft of and a Single Star for theft from".

"I hope all insurance co have this information"

David
S2000DJ
Old 08-18-2001, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Their mistake could prove to be very expensive for us owners
Old 08-18-2001, 02:36 AM

I have just renewed my insurance, all the companies asked me is it the convertible or the Vtype. I asked what is the Vtype, but no one new. I told them there is no such car, not even Honda know what a Vtype is. My insurance quotes ranged from
Old 08-18-2001, 03:06 AM

V -Type refers to the VGS model sold in Japan - variable geared steering - meaning very fast steering! less turns lock to lock, so maybe you can get a grey V-Type in UK.

I visited the dealer today - annoyed me a bit, they claim never to have stock models - when I was ordering new - but today they had a VGS model in the showroom with GPS navigation screen for only 800quid more than I paid for my basic...aahh -
Old 08-18-2001, 03:42 AM

So how long are you going to stay an enthusiast ?

<---------

Originally posted by Kobe
......for only 800quid more than I paid for my basic...aahh -
Old 08-18-2001, 04:30 AM

if you mean the member info....that's a sore point - despite trying every possible combination of my VIN - it will not enter ....complained to HondaGal who gave me the USA story of what and where a VIN is found (yes I read the FAQ on VIN) - I even sent a picky of my VIN plate on both radiator and bulkhead - but now she won't reply to that. It's the ame story for colour selection - you can only select the US available colours - I also e-mailed that one - but nothing changed - feels like S2K International board is like the Baseball World series - international in name only. Hence my interest is only in the UK owners board where people still seem to be able to talk openly and frankly about the car and other topics without sledging each other
Old 08-18-2001, 04:44 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kobe
[B]if you mean the member info....that's a sore point - despite trying every possible combination of my VIN - it will not enter
Old 08-18-2001, 05:04 AM

Yep, this Vin thing needs sorting out.

I'd like to think we are a friendly bunch in here too
...all the USA guys seem to relish in flaming one another. wierd.....
Old 08-19-2001, 01:09 PM

Yes this Vin no is odd. Mine is a jap import and nothing will let my Vin through. I too tried Hondagal but no help.My local dealer confirmed my Vin as OK as did Honda Japan through Slough HQ when I was Checking in view of recent panic over greys. So I stay an enthusiast!!!!!
Old 08-19-2001, 05:03 PM

The VIN thing doesn't really worry me much. But I don't like the change on the menu system that means I have to go find our forum 2 levels down.
I have been with H-A in all its forms for over 3 years and have posted thousands of posts (Mostly inane I accept).

So I am only an enthusiast and the international members (Who are quite big in number) are 2nd class citizens.

Hmmm.

Sam
(One more inane post).

Quick Reply: NCSR Report