UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Need a lift to France anyone?

Old 09-25-2007, 11:26 PM
CB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by momo74,Sep 25 2007, 10:35 PM
Unfortunately I go on leave Friday morning for 2 months, but your engineers are more than capable of offering any assistance! We usually seem to be in the same area as you, but next season we'll be in the Far East so will have to catch up in the next med season and see how your CAI is performing!
Thanks - I will remind them of that! they are all into Bikes I am onboard at the moment, heading back on Thursday for the weekend and to pick up the car. Have a good leave, perhaps catch up next season.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:35 PM

Would I be wrong in thinking that when you leave the boat and get in the S, any young ladies in the vicinity may think your 'Mr Cash' and want a good old fashioned poop decking?

Lucky
Old 09-26-2007, 12:05 AM

Thats why I don't bring my car down here, sick of all the attention.....and it looks a bit crap parked next to all the Enzos!
Old 09-26-2007, 12:24 AM
CB

Originally Posted by momo74,Sep 26 2007, 12:05 AM
Thats why I don't bring my car down here, sick of all the attention.....and it looks a bit crap parked next to all the Enzos!
Yes - thought that too but I do enjoy the car in the mountains here so it is worth it -I don't often keep it in the port for that reason. One of the things I really like about the S is that it is not really pretentious, something that put me off getting the Porsche I had always wanted. The S has all the performance I need and best of all is fun to drive.

I am afraid all the young ladies probably think who's that old git getting into that nice car! Wish I could have afforded one in my 20's - if they had made them that long ago... Dare I say it here but most ladies are generally underwhelmed by what we drive, there are a discerning few on this forum that do understand.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:30 AM

One of the nicest cars I've seen here is the Cobra that parks behind Rahal, sounds fantastic!
Old 09-27-2007, 01:55 PM

I take it you cancelled your trip! Did you actually make it to the departure lounge??
Old 09-27-2007, 02:39 PM
CB

Yep! boarding pass in hand! good thing was that the flight was then cancelled because of the weather so got my money back too!

It's a hard life - will probably the delay the trip a week so offer is up for Monday 8th Oct now. The CAI will arrive next week so there will be some serious engineering going on on the dock.

Have a good leave - perhaps see you next season.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:51 AM
CB

Well it was a long slow drive down (14 hours door to door) but worth every traffic jammed mile for the fun of driving Col de Turini today - absolutely fantastic fun. There were times on the autoroute on the way down that I would have swopped the S for a nice saloon but through the twisties and hairpins today I don't think I could have enjoyed it more in any other car. If you get down here it's a great road and there are many more around too. The smell of hot brakes, engine and tyres at the end of the run was intoxicating. Have a safe weekend all
Old 10-15-2007, 02:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mistress Quickly,Sep 25 2007, 07:17 PM
It's nice to (virtually) rub shoulders with people who live rarefied existences like captainbridge and Shiskine.
Just reread this thread and I think MQ may have got the wrong end of the stick ...

I want to make it clear that I've only been to the C
Old 10-15-2007, 03:03 PM

Working on a yacht is perhaps rarefied, but it is certainly not as glamorous as it may appear!!

Quick Reply: Need a lift to France anyone?