S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   New Owner (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/new-owner-1111595/)

setchs2k 01-21-2015 07:36 AM

New Owner

Hi
I bought my Bermuda Blue beauty a couple of months ago. Its got 98k miles on it, but a full history, being looked after by Garage R up until its last service late 2013. The mileage doesn't bother me as I think condition is all and it is in fine fettle. I have got all the relevant oils and filters to give it a DIY service when the weather improves, but hope Garage R will continue with stuff I can't do or dont feel confident to do.
Is Garage R (Barnsley) still going, hope so?
The previous owner was a club member, I found some club cards in the secret compartment, he really cared for the car but racked up a good few miles, probably best thing for the car as it was in frequent use.
I intend getting along to one of my local meets at Walshford soon, the car is now SORN though until the salt disappears. It wont be a garage queen though!
I am still finding my way with the car, but so far love it.
Will get some images uploaded when I fathom how to do it.
Nick

Mr-T 01-21-2015 07:44 AM

Hi and Welcome. Get some pictures up if you have any.
Cant imagine buying a S2000 and not being able to drive it for a few months. I was frustrated with the 1 week wait after I bought mine.
What year is the car? Facelift?

Any future plans?

lovegroova 01-21-2015 08:24 AM

Welcome.

Garage R closed a few years ago now, so you'll probably have to go elsewhere.

NicoS 01-21-2015 10:13 AM

I've never seen a Bermuda blue with so many miles before, usually Bermuda blue are the last few years of production and have quite low miles.

tozerman 01-21-2015 10:24 AM

:hello: from me too, Bermuda blue is one of my favourite colours, when I worked at a Honda Garage we had one as a demonstrator (2008 I think) loved that car. Goood luck

S2000_sam 01-21-2015 10:36 AM

Bermuda Blue is a fantastic colour for an S........I may be bias! I still get favourable comments about it.

BB (Laguna Blue Pearl in the US) was only offered as a colour option on facelift models. I think it was actually late 06 onwards.

setchs2k 01-22-2015 12:52 AM

Hi

Forgot to mention MY, oops. Its a on a 56 plate so MY06 with VSA (registered Feb2007). The Bermuda Blue colour really suits the car, but I would say that wouldn't I.
It has racked up a lot of miles in a relatively short time but its testimony to its last owner (and Garage R et al) that it is in great condition. It drinks Fuchs Pro S so I will keep feeding it that.
My DIY service includes all fluid changes so I have bought all the recommended Honda OE oils (except the Fuchs of course). Is there any need to fit an oil filter stopper? I will torque the oil filter up properly.
The only thing I have had done was a very light spray over the front end as it had a few stone chips. Other than that, interior, hood etc all in great condition.
The history says it had Geo done approx 4 years ago, I was planning to get it done again and hope the bolts were greased to prevent seizing.
I have made contact with Tracktorque at Tockwith (near York) about Geo and got helpful advice and a quote of £130 inclusive (assuming all unseized). Sounds reasonable, what do others think ?

I have had a few nice cars over the years, but this Honda has really grabbed me and I love it. Its a multitude of things, the build quality, the look of it, oh the engine but most of all (being a true Yarkshireman)
its the value for money and performance per buck. I know there is no reason the take it off the road because of salt and I will miss it, its the classic car mentality in me, even though its a modern car, can't seem to help myself! I can always tax it early again if the urges get too strong.

I plan a euro trip with my wife in May, probably just limited to France but may venture further.
Me and my lad had an epic trip to classic Le Mans last year in my TR6 so I want to replicate that, sadly without the motor racing dimension; but my wife will appreciate that !

I have followed the FAQ to upload images but the drop down is incomplete on 'my profile'. I am a guest member and wondered if that limited me ?

Nick

Dembo 01-22-2015 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by setchs2k (Post 23477286)
Me and my lad had an epic trip to classic Le Mans last year in my TR6 so I want to replicate that, sadly without the motor racing dimension; but my wife will appreciate that !

Forget the S2K - let's have some pics of your TR6.

Toms1989 01-22-2015 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by setchs2k (Post 23477286)
Hi

Forgot to mention MY, oops. Its a on a 56 plate so MY06 with VSA (registered Feb2007). The Bermuda Blue colour really suits the car, but I would say that wouldn't I.
It has racked up a lot of miles in a relatively short time but its testimony to its last owner (and Garage R et al) that it is in great condition. It drinks Fuchs Pro S so I will keep feeding it that.
My DIY service includes all fluid changes so I have bought all the recommended Honda OE oils (except the Fuchs of course). Is there any need to fit an oil filter stopper? I will torque the oil filter up properly.
The only thing I have had done was a very light spray over the front end as it had a few stone chips. Other than that, interior, hood etc all in great condition.
The history says it had Geo done approx 4 years ago, I was planning to get it done again and hope the bolts were greased to prevent seizing.
I have made contact with Tracktorque at Tockwith (near York) about Geo and got helpful advice and a quote of £130 inclusive (assuming all unseized). Sounds reasonable, what do others think ?

I have had a few nice cars over the years, but this Honda has really grabbed me and I love it. Its a multitude of things, the build quality, the look of it, oh the engine but most of all (being a true Yarkshireman)
its the value for money and performance per buck. I know there is no reason the take it off the road because of salt and I will miss it, its the classic car mentality in me, even though its a modern car, can't seem to help myself! I can always tax it early again if the urges get too strong.

I plan a euro trip with my wife in May, probably just limited to France but may venture further.

I have followed the FAQ to upload images but the drop down is incomplete on 'my profile'. I am a guest member and wondered if that limited me ?

Nick

Welcome :)

Personally I'd say an Oil filter stopper is a must if you're beating on the engine a lot, as the vibrations have been known to rattle them lose, hot oil near potentially very hot exhaust manifold... for £20 or so I'd say it's a no brainer for what could cost you a hell of a lot more!

Definitely get the geometry done and get the bolts tidied and greased up and you should be problem free for many years to come!

setchs2k 01-22-2015 04:16 AM

Thanks for replies.
Just paid my membership so can hopefully upload some images :drive: