UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New owner - 2007 black GT

Old 03-16-2015, 05:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Already eyeing some up!! not in the sport of killing myself
Old 03-16-2015, 05:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sofaboy
Already eyeing some up!! not in the sport of killing myself
Good work...

I've always stuck with OEM Bridgestone RE050s, never let me down.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:55 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Haha that's what's on mine I picked up the other day. Throwing up goodyear f1s or ad08s currently and can't decide
Old 03-16-2015, 07:09 AM

I do some trackdays so am leaning more towards AD08 or NS2r.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:35 PM

Done a few bits and pieces while funds are low from buying the car.

Put lizard skins on the roof frame.
Refitted the airbox lid as intake temps were double without it.

My Ns2rs are here tomorrow hopefully
also got a box of redline oils for diff and gearbox.

I changed the spark plugs today. The ones in there were finger tight, literally didnt need a ratchet to undo at all.

They also look worse for wear and are a bosch plug so not sure they are correct.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:53 AM

Just a copy and paste from Mx5Nutz of my last few cars.

HI all!

I've been an infrequent poster on here for a few years now. I've had a mixed bag of different MX5s as you'll see. However about 5 months ago I bought my 5th MX5. One I said will stay for a long time however I keep getting itches of more powerful cars. Then I see threads by people who have gone for more power and then ended up coming back. But we Shall see.

These are my past 5's

First It was a UK 1.8 known lovingly as Rack. Rack went through many faces and is still to this date my longest owned car at 2 years.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:53 AM

Then I bought a pretty famous car on here. Some may recognise it as Phils (PGD) car. I was using this as a daily and just hated the thought of what that was doing to it so Sold that. To date this is one of only two cars i miss.

After that I decided to be slightly more sensible. Bought myself an NC2 sport tech Which my girlfriend adored. Comfy, heated seats and I loved the noise It made by the end. It wasn't quick enough despite the manifold remap etc It had. This is car number 2 that I actually miss.

Then I changed jobs, moved into car sales as a trainee which most certainly does not pay well. Hopefully I will reap what i sew. Hopefully Il eventually be able to treat my self to something else. Maybe an ND, i just cant get over the lack of improvement in power.

As a result of the paycut but a desire to still have a toy I bought myself a supercharged UK mk1. What a mistake. I drove 4 hours for a high priced car thinking it was okay, by the time I arrived it was dark and I was tired, I was not leaving empty handed so I returned with a horrid car that i never liked. I didnt even take a picture of it. This car was a mistake.

I then bought a MK2 MR2 Turbo, a mistake but a fun and slightly less annoying one.

In hindsight I liked this car quite a lot, it was fast. Reliable. Never really caused any headaches (I did only own it 3 months) however its reputation worried me and I couldnt have the fun without that niggling feeling in the back of my head. After a late night blast with a friend up the car and fiddle in his totally standard MK1 MX5 He was far far far slower, however he was having 100 times more fun then me. So I broke the MR2 . Made profit and bought myself this...

.. A fairly standard MK1 Eunos. Low mileage 110000km so about 70000 miles. Tidy enough bodywork could be better but not an issue.

I bought it with the intention of getting the trackday bug. Which has truely but, I did my first at oulton on November 7th I think it was. I went and had about 8 friends there in varying cars at varying paces.

These are my only pictures of the car really

I had a brilliant time, I just cant shake off a few other temptations, namely NC again, S2000, S15.

I do however have a megasquirt and a set of GSXR bodies sat around. Im sure i'l work something out.

In the last 5 months or so ive bought

Meisters
work Crkai wheels and wrapped them in Nankangs NS2r's
A sparco rev seat and a corbeau Seat.
Purple TR lane roll bar with harness bar and a harness to go with it.
"GV" lip
IL motorsports exhaust and silenced Decat
a TTV ultra lightweight flywheel and exedy oem spec clutch
Freakyparts Wilwood Big brake kit for the front
Gave the rear bumper a "slight" trim

and like I said I have a megasquirt, wideband and some bike bodies all sat around.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:54 AM

Then I bought a pretty famous car on here. Some may recognise it as Phils (PGD) car. I was using this as a daily and just hated the thought of what that was doing to it so Sold that. To date this is one of only two cars i miss.

After that I decided to be slightly more sensible. Bought myself an NC2 sport tech Which my girlfriend adored. Comfy, heated seats and I loved the noise It made by the end. It wasn't quick enough despite the manifold remap etc It had. This is car number 2 that I actually miss.

Then I changed jobs, moved into car sales as a trainee which most certainly does not pay well. Hopefully I will reap what i sew. Hopefully Il eventually be able to treat my self to something else. Maybe an ND, i just cant get over the lack of improvement in power.

As a result of the paycut but a desire to still have a toy I bought myself a supercharged UK mk1. What a mistake. I drove 4 hours for a high priced car thinking it was okay, by the time I arrived it was dark and I was tired, I was not leaving empty handed so I returned with a horrid car that i never liked. I didnt even take a picture of it. This car was a mistake.

I then bought a MK2 MR2 Turbo, a mistake but a fun and slightly less annoying one.

In hindsight I liked this car quite a lot, it was fast. Reliable. Never really caused any headaches (I did only own it 3 months) however its reputation worried me and I couldnt have the fun without that niggling feeling in the back of my head. After a late night blast with a friend up the car and fiddle in his totally standard MK1 MX5 He was far far far slower, however he was having 100 times more fun then me. So I broke the MR2 . Made profit and bought myself this...

.. A fairly standard MK1 Eunos. Low mileage 110000km so about 70000 miles. Tidy enough bodywork could be better but not an issue.

I bought it with the intention of getting the trackday bug. Which has truely but, I did my first at oulton on November 7th I think it was. I went and had about 8 friends there in varying cars at varying paces.

These are my only pictures of the car really

I had a brilliant time, I just cant shake off a few other temptations, namely NC again, S2000, S15.

I do however have a megasquirt and a set of GSXR bodies sat around. Im sure i'l work something out.

In the last 5 months or so ive bought

Meisters
work Crkai wheels and wrapped them in Nankangs NS2r's
A sparco rev seat and a corbeau Seat.
Purple TR lane roll bar with harness bar and a harness to go with it.
"GV" lip
IL motorsports exhaust and silenced Decat
a TTV ultra lightweight flywheel and exedy oem spec clutch
Freakyparts Wilwood Big brake kit for the front
Gave the rear bumper a "slight" trim

and like I said I have a megasquirt, wideband and some bike bodies all sat around.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:55 AM

Also just had 4 NS2r's fitted to the S2000 and alignment at Nigel Langs, also ordered my FIPK.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:42 PM

So updates

Nothing major on the update front. I fitted my Alpine Bluetooth Radio from My old MX5 with a modifry loom for the radio controls.

Also fitted my Nardi steering wheel but have since sold it and am waiting for my Personal Grinta to show up.

Been doing so much driving trying to get to grips with the different feel of the S2000. Still have some subconscious barriers to sort first, namely the reputation of killing People.

I've also fitted an Invidia Q300 and 70mm decat which i've started to really enjoy, not that I can hear it over the FIPK!

Other then that i've just kept it clean, fitted modifry roof strips to help with folding. Have oil and filter sat around for an oil change and diff collars see if they actually do anything.

Just a few random pictures

My favourite Modification supplied by my girlfriend (my surname is Gwizdek)

Also going through a phase of wetsanding which ive never tried before but am really enjoying.

Sorry for the disjointed update, hopefully in the future I will get more pictures of actual upgrades and some more serious modifications.

Quick Reply: New owner - 2007 black GT