UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

new pioneer head unit fitted

Old 01-30-2016, 04:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new pioneer head unit fitted

after reading several posts on aftermarket stereo head units ,one problem that seemed to be common is that squeezing the new wiring with extra looms to keep the on dash remote controls working can be quite tight.
For this reason i opted for a pioneer mvhxbt370 blue tooth / iPod/etc enabled unit ,as it no longer has a cd/ mp3 DISC mechanism in it ,which means the head unit is about 2/3rds the depth of a unit that would have one fitte .
This leaves plenty of room behind the stereo for the wires.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:30 AM

Which wiring adaptors did you use and where from? Pics?
Old 01-30-2016, 06:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I done the same about 1.5 years ago. Don't need a CD player, bluetooth and Spotify all the way.

I used the following adapters:

S2000 to ISO (seperate) --> ISO to Pioneer

Autoleads adapter for control.

Worked no issues.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:19 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

It's a bit of a fiddle, but you can work the bundles of copper to behind the SRS module if you work round from the heater outlet side.
Old 01-30-2016, 11:27 AM

I got the unit from "road radio"
I found them online after deciding which head unit i was going to buy , then googled it to find the cheapest place that sold it who could also supply the wiring leads needed.
It turns out that they have upgraded the pioneer from a 370 bt to the latest 380 bt ,which was supplied at the original unit price.
The extra wiring adapter is the pc99-x61/7603 to keep the dash controls operative.
All in, including delivery it came to £101.98 , which considering i was paying over £90 to fill up the fuel tank on my audi 6 months ago ,does not seem like a bad price for all the things that the unit does.
I have just ordered a micro usb to put in the unit so that i can close the honda radio cover .
Old 01-31-2016, 01:48 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Same here mate, mech less unit makes sense, loads of space for he wiring, and everything in play is either on iPod or iPhone
Old 06-03-2016, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by monkey steve
I got the unit from "road radio"
I found them online after deciding which head unit i was going to buy , then googled it to find the cheapest place that sold it who could also supply the wiring leads needed.
It turns out that they have upgraded the pioneer from a 370 bt to the latest 380 bt ,which was supplied at the original unit price.
The extra wiring adapter is the pc99-x61/7603 to keep the dash controls operative.
All in, including delivery it came to £101.98 , which considering i was paying over £90 to fill up the fuel tank on my audi 6 months ago ,does not seem like a bad price for all the things that the unit does.
I have just ordered a micro usb to put in the unit so that i can close the honda radio cover .
Hi,
Sorry to resurrect an old thread - but just wanted to know how easy/difficult it was for you to swap out the standard unit for your pioneer?
I have seen the video on how to remove the front flap / cover etc. Just the rest of the stuff concerns me - never done this sort of thing before but the local Car Audio shop is talking over £220 for an Alpine unit whilst retaining the dash controls.
The current price for your setup is £112 on Road Radio including delivery - so wondering if I should have a bash myself??
Thanks!
Old 06-03-2016, 03:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One of the easiest, albeit frustrating mods due to the aforementioned wiring space (or lack of).

I've got an old Alpine unit with an autoleads adapter, dash controls work fine.

This might help:
http://www.jack-frost.co.uk/honda_s2000_stereo.html
Old 06-03-2016, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by SuperHamz
One of the easiest, albeit frustrating mods due to the aforementioned wiring space (or lack of).

I've got an old Alpine unit with an autoleads adapter, dash controls work fine.

This might help:
http://www.jack-frost.co.uk/honda_s2000_stereo.html
Thanks. I had seen a different video where the user removed the front flap etc by wobbling it side to side...This one looks simpler.

Ok - as long the cabling etc is plug and play - with the correct adaptors etc - then it looks relatively straightforward if using a shorter non-CD unit.

Cheers!
Old 06-03-2016, 04:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

FWIW, I didn't bother loosening the gear surround, the fascia came off with relative ease.

Quick Reply: new pioneer head unit fitted