UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New Radiator

Old 07-05-2015, 03:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Radiator

I need to get a new rad. as mine has split across the top tank. I've found one on UK Car Cooling online. Has anyone on here bought one from these guys and are they ok?
Old 07-05-2015, 05:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go mishimoto, bigger capacity, offers better cooling than Oem...Apparently.

Many UK users. Lifetime guarantee. What more could you want. Other than a better price.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by mikefifth

Many UK users. Lifetime guarantee. What more could you want. Other than a better price.
TBH I've had the S nearly 10 years and never had a problem with cooling. It's used as a daily drive to work and back which is only an 18 mile round trip. A standard replacement will do me fine.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:29 PM

I also need new one, I found a place here that does standard oem rads for £60 exchange. also same for Condenser.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:51 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

The problem with standard ones is that they are normally plastic at the top and suffer the same fate as yours.

I was in a similar situation as you at the beginning of last year and i opted for a tegiwa item and its been great and has been subjected to some harsh conditions. I cant say how long it will last but its showing no signs of wear after 18 months.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:01 PM

nah mine is the fins are starting to disintegrate but other than that it's fine haha
Old 07-07-2015, 12:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefifth

This is ALWAYS the response you get on this forum and I think it's time there was more information available.

It's great that replacement radiator options are available. What's not great is that we've got bugger all information on any of them. Why scream about a Mishimoto brand item when there are Koyo, Mugen, ProAlloy (Custom make them) and the same for Spec-R. Spec-R and ProAlloy are English manufacturers.

We need a little more information on these items.
- How much do they weigh?
- How good are the welds?
- How efficient is the core?
- Is it available with wider end tanks for anyone wishing to delete the fluid reservoir?
- Do they use original mounting points or can it be tucked underneath the slam panel for a cleaner finish?
- What associated hardware is provided to seal the radiator into the aperture?
- Does it offer an in-built oil cooler to reduce weight?
- Does it effect the existing thermostat in any capacity?
- Do the thermostats become brittle and is it recommended that they're switched out when the rad is?
- Should we replace the radiator hoses at the same time?
- Do standard fans fit easily or does it work better to use a set of aftermarket items - in which case what's the best option?

I know almost everyone on the forum has simply selected blind, installed, got a shiny rad and been ecstatic with it. However there's a fair amount of science to it and once you've given the car a fair amount of exposure to heat, you start thinking quite a bit about these things.

I would encourage you to do your reading and not explicitly for the S2000 - there are a lot of options available.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:35 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nothing wrong with the stock one even when na (with most bolt's on tuned) as far as cooling performance.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:11 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Some of the deciding principles appears to be availability. I wanted Koyo but got little response from dealers in the timeframes.

However I'm not promoting my rad, it is what it is.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:34 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Price was deciding factor for me, I knew OEM was more than adequate for the job but they aren't cheap. so ended up going for the £150 Tegiwa one. Not sure why I didn't consider Uk car cooling - didn't crop up in my searching for some reason.

I have just bought an aircon condenser from uk car cooling and I had a good experience dealing with them, arrived next day I think.

Quick Reply: New Radiator