S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   New radiator needed (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/new-radiator-needed-1115401/)

mozmajor 03-01-2015 07:09 AM

New radiator needed

I need a new radiator as my existing has started to look rotten at the bottom. Eurocarparts do a Koyo brand rad at £89 or there are some all aluminium rads on Ebay for around £120. Do the so called high performance rads make a difference? I don't do track days etc. but do motorway blasts with sudden traffic jams which used to overheat my old Porsche 944. Can anyone give me a recommendation on a replacement rad.

Thanks

lovegroova 03-01-2015 07:22 AM

Go to first post, select "Full editor" and change the title.

richmc 03-01-2015 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by mozmajor (Post 23523342)
I need a new radiator as my existing has started to look rotten at the bottom. Eurocarparts do a Koyo brand rad at £89 or there are some all aluminium rads on Ebay for around £120. Do the so called high performance rads make a difference? I don't do track days etc. but do motorway blasts with sudden traffic jams which used to overheat my old Porsche 944. Can anyone give me a recommendation on a replacement rad.

Thanks

Never had any problems with overheating, even in the hight of summer in the south of France. Thats with the stock radiator. Had the rusted brake disc pull away symptoms, but this time it was because the road was melting, and the tyres sticking to the road. :argh:

Your 944 overheated because it was accidentally designed to do so, it's very common, a fault with the thermostat housing design I belive. Honda got it right. ;)

markforrester99 03-01-2015 08:03 AM

I brought the Tegiwa item, pretty cheap and a thicker core than the OEM item. Does the job nicely.

OEM fans all mount up to the radiator. I think if i remember i had to adjust one of the mounting points slightly but it was no real hardship. Good value IMO.

Toms1989 03-01-2015 10:06 AM

I also went for the Tegiwa rad.

Fans don't come on anywhere near as much as they used to so must be doing a good job :)

BenRNBP 03-01-2015 11:38 PM

You don't need the extra cooling and I think I saw a blueprint pattern part for sale in the classifieds section a few weeks ago - I'd go for that if it's still available.

FWIW, I went for the Tegiwa one too it fits fine but I needed to shave a bit of one of my fan mounting points to clear the K&N FIPK shrouding.

N777CK T 09-14-2018 05:43 AM

To the guys who have bought the Tegiwa radiator!

Just wondering how you are getting on now, 2 years down the line?

I don't want to make the mistake that I made the with Japspeed exhaust, having to buy cheap buy twice. Would rather go for the Mishimoto to save the hassle.

Cheers!

Toms1989 09-14-2018 06:23 AM

Hello N777CK.

Still working well, 5 years on, no leaks. Few bent fins and the ally finish has gone a bit dull but other than that, grand!

UK Paul 09-14-2018 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by markforrester99 (Post 23523378)
I brought the Tegiwa item, pretty cheap and a thicker core than the OEM item. Does the job nicely.

OEM fans all mount up to the radiator. I think if i remember i had to adjust one of the mounting points slightly but it was no real hardship. Good value IMO.

Another vote for the Tegiwa.