UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New S2000 Owner, some questions

Old 03-02-2016, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New S2000 Owner, some questions

Hi all,
After several years of dilly-dallying I've finally picked up a 2006 (registered 01 March 2006) S2000 with 58,000 miles on the clock. I've driven the car around 500 miles so far and love it. I have a few general questions which I hope this forum can help me with.

--my 06 car doesn't have the roll cage speakers, although I have seen 55 plate vehicles advertised as having these from factory. Were these an option from new (maybe one that wasn't ticked by the first owner)?
--I have a small (2inch) tear on the roof (in the usual place it seems from searching this forum), is there a recommended retrimmer/upholsterer in Warwickshire/Wes Midlands area that the forum can recommend for a quick patch up?

Hoping for many rev happy miles!

Thanks all.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:23 AM

Roll bar speakers were an option - you can pick them up second hand for £150-£200. They get mixed reviews here. The advantage imo is they are plug'n'play but many will tell you your money is better spent upgrading the stock door component.

Re the roof
A lot of people use Jack Smiths in Swansea who charges about 1/2 of most other suppliers. The consensus is your pays your money and takes your choice.

Hth
Old 03-02-2016, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by GreenmanS2000
Roll bar speakers were an option - you can pick them up second hand for £150-£200. They get mixed reviews here. The advantage imo is they are plug'n'play but many will tell you your money is better spent upgrading the stock door component.
I'm not really keen on them, just curious as to why my car didn't have them. Thanks for clarifying they were an option

Originally Posted by GreenmanS2000
Re the roof
A lot of people use Jack Smiths in Swansea who charges about 1/2 of most other suppliers. The consensus is your pays your money and takes your choice.
I spoke to Jack who recommended getting a patch from the mazdahoodshop and sticking with glue, however when contacted mazdahoodshop recommended changing the roof, not patching. So I'm confused as to the best way forward now.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:34 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by octane83
I spoke to Jack who recommended getting a patch from the mazdahoodshop and sticking with glue, however when contacted mazdahoodshop recommended changing the roof, not patching. So I'm confused as to the best way forward now.
Stormsure do a patch kit, I have the same stock rip, their kit is holding it together just fine (for now) it's a sticky patch so you don't even have to get "arty" with the glue.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:53 PM

Received 1,133 Likes on 996 Posts

If it were not for the roll hoop speakers my 2006 OEM radio would be useless the way I like to drive. Marginal at best with them.

-- Chuck
Old 03-02-2016, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by richmc
Originally Posted by octane83' timestamp='1456925767' post='23896770

Stormsure do a patch kit, I have the same stock rip, their kit is holding it together just fine (for now) it's a sticky patch so you don't even have to get "arty" with the glue.

Thanks I'll check that
Old 03-03-2016, 02:05 AM

Slowly discovering things that need doing on the car, found two more today,
--the dash trim panel below the steering wheel seems to be missing, anyone got a part number for this please? Is this a common item to go missing?
--there are no floor mats (just the base carpet). There are floor mats available on eBay but I can't see where they are anchored, there are no studs on the floor that I can see. Can anyone help?

I'll see if I can post some photos later on
Old 03-03-2016, 02:20 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Go here for part numbers: http://www.lingshondaparts.com/cars/car-parts.html

Just enter your reg.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Go here for part numbers: http://www.lingshondaparts.com/cars/car-parts.html

Just enter your reg.

Thanks a million.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:50 AM

Can't seem to upload images (keep getting a message 'select parent album' but there is no parent album to select from drop down list!) but having visited the incredibly useful Lings Honda parts site I can't seem to find the part for the lower trim panel.

I am looking under L54 (Instrument Panel Garnish (RH)) and while there is a panel for the passenger side there is no such panel for the drivers side. Other sections don't seem to show it either.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks all.

Quick Reply: New S2000 Owner, some questions