UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New S2K owner in Scotland

Old 03-28-2011, 12:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New S2K owner in Scotland

Hi everyone - so following my initial post in the big introduction section, I've finally got my S2K in Moonrock.

It's definitely a different world from my Civic Type R (which I traded in) but I love it.

Me being me, I can't help but fidget with stuff and to that end I've already changed the OEM exhaust for
the J's racing 60RS stainless steel single exit (bumper cover on its way from Heeltoe) and I've changed the gearknob
to the Skunk2 version which feels alot nicer to shift with. Next on the list is coilovers and geometry set up.

Anyhoo, look forward to posting up more pics and progress as more work is done on the car.

On this rare day off that I had, I took time to clean, clay, polish and wax the car properly and it shows. I'm very
happy with the results:

Old 03-28-2011, 12:59 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Nice! and Love the guys in the hoops, must keep the scots draught down, welcome to the clan.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:01 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kim-s2k
I know exactly where this photo was taken. (A long time back that building was the harbour museum).

Have you signed up for the Arran trip yet?

Old 03-28-2011, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice exhaust!!

Love the car too, Moonrock is my second favourite colour, after black, obviously!
Old 03-28-2011, 01:38 PM

thanks for the kind comments guys. eSem, sorry mate but I'm not sure if I will be here still. I'm currently trying to sell my house to move south where the work is.

Still be up a few times during the year though.

If there are any meets happening before July in Scotland, you can count me in. Would love to meet other S2K owners - not many around my neck of the woods (which isn't a bad thing).
Old 03-28-2011, 01:42 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

thanks for the kind comments guys. eSem, sorry mate but I'm not sure if I will be here still. I'm currently trying to sell my house to move south where the work is.

Still be up a few times during the year though.

If there are any meets happening before July in Scotland, you can count me in. Would love to meet other S2K owners - not many around my neck of the woods (which isn't a bad thing).
Don't come as far south as the West Country, no work here. Unless you fancy summer off doing some great roads.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:55 PM

LOL - nah I will be moving to Berkshire, work is actually in Central London but will be commuting.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:59 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I was brought up in Saltcoats/Ardrossan but I moved South quite a few years ago.

For the past 8 years there has been the meet on the isle of Arran, arranged by Roadkill who lives there, and it is always a good excuse to drive up home.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL - nah I will be moving to Ascot or a neighbouring town, work is actually in Central London but will be commuting.
Excellent! I live just outside of Reading during the Uni holidays! see you then!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:36 PM

Definitely gbduo. Will look you up when I move down.

eSeM - if I'm still here I will put my name down for the Arran meet. It would be lovely to meet you guys especially in such a nice place.

Quick Reply: New S2K owner in Scotland