UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New S2Ki convert

Old 11-07-2001, 12:08 AM
gus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New S2Ki convert

I have a S2k in silver and pushing 13k miles. I have done nothing to my car except change the headunit, speakers, amp, Cd changer and get the hard top but have decided it's time to start adding.

After having read a number of messges from the UK S2k drivers you all seem to know a hell of a lot. So I am asking for advice on a couple of things.

1. How do I get my facia stero controls hooked back up to my Alpine head unit ?

2.I am missing bass in this car, any suggestions for an install in the boot that will still leave me some space ? Any suggestions for good fitters in the North London area ?

3. Are there any UK companies doing accessories for the S2k and if so what product would you recommend ? As I am looking to get the following :

clear side repeaters
alloy dead pedal
new mats

and maybe

lower suspension
new sports exhaust

4. Thought I might eventually change the wheels as well but not yet any recommendations.

Finally any extra bits of kit you have added that have been well worth it.

Gus
Old 11-07-2001, 12:28 AM

Hi Gus!

Another silver S2000 to join the clan

From the top then:

Alpine make an interface that hooks up the S2000 dash controls to quite a few of their head units, you need to check if your head unit supports this (has a little 3.5mm jack plug in the back) if you post your model number I'm sure we can check into this for you. The adaptor is a KCE-865B (revision1) and will set you back about
Old 11-07-2001, 12:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gus
[B]I have a S2k in silver and pushing 13k miles.
Old 11-07-2001, 01:07 AM
gus

Cheers guys I will have a looka t your suggestions.

My stereo is a Alpine model MDA 7755R so if anyone knows if the adaptor to use the facia controls fits that would be great.

Let me know if and when you find out about the J&L enclosure.

Gus
Old 11-07-2001, 01:13 AM

You're in luck it does support the steering wheel remote control interface. Nice head unit by the way!
Old 11-07-2001, 01:16 AM
gus

Cheers but it needs more base to really perform.

Where do I get this adaptor unit ? Will most stereo places fit it ? Or is it quite easy to fit myself ?

Gus
Old 11-07-2001, 01:30 AM

The interface is available from any Alpine stockist I guess. You will need to pull out the headunit to install the adaptor which is just a plug and play interface between the Honda loom and the headunit with an extra flylead that hooks up to the steering wheel jack. I always do my own work on ICE matters but it depends how confident you are in removing the stereo flap and headunit...

One other (important) point is to know if the guys who fitted the 7755 supplied an adaptor to hook up the new headunit to the S2000's loom or if they butchered it and crimped the two together... if they did the KCE-865B will be a bitch to install.

Can I ask what speakers you are running? I have a set of Infiniti 165mm co-ax jobs in my car at the minute and find the bass pretty good (&tight), albeit in need of a little fill from a sub for real punch. Brian's suggestion of fitting rear speakers is popular but some people feel it messes up the imaging of sound in the car. I hope to soon get a listen to IanL's motor and hear the difference for myself.
Old 11-07-2001, 01:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Gus

Welcome to the boards! Where abouts in London are you (I work in Croydon - if you are in the area I am sure we could arrange to meet at a mutually convenient pub and talk S2000 hi fi upgrades - as you will see from my sig. I have put speakers in the rear panels - you have to hear the difference thay make to believe it - I was hugely sceptical about the wisdom of putting speakers behind the seats!) Anyhow - the KCE-865B interface is available at any Alpine authorised shop, thought there may be a long order time (just the 8 weeks for mine ) Fitting is very straight forward - plug jack into head unit, plug interface harness into pluge on the unit. Doddle!!!

Ian
Old 11-07-2001, 01:37 AM
gus

I have a pair of pioneer 4 inches and a pair of pioneer tweeters.
They do the job but need a bit more.

Unfortunately the place that fitted my stereo have closed and so I would not have a clue whether they butchered it or not. I will have to take it to a place near me and get them to check.
Old 11-07-2001, 01:40 AM
gus

Ian L

I live in North London and so could meet of a weekend.

Do you have photos of you rear fitted speakers ?

Quick Reply: New S2Ki convert