UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

NFR s2000 Progress, Bushes Ohlins etc

Old 03-19-2017, 10:29 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Decided to do a little bit of undersealing, not finnished yet but made some progress

arch before cleaning

arch after cleaning

rear of car after cleaning and removing rust/treating

rear of car after a coat of POR-15

hopefully will get the rear finished when i have another go next weekend, arch's with por-15 and then a top coat of bilt hamber UB
Old 04-24-2017, 02:07 AM

ordered a J's racing front bumper over 6 months ago, finally got it this weekend.

Then came the nasty job of having to cut into a brand new very expensive piece of fiberglass, which i have no experience in doing. All went to plan, i used a dremel to cut off what i needed to and im pleased with the result!

Just now need to drill and mount the carbon canards, which the body shop is going to fit for me, mainly because i dont have a drill or any good drill bits, and should be fairly easy for them to do!

All in all, i am a little disappointed.... This bumper is not cheap, and based on this i expected to receive something of equal quality. Which IMO is not what i received, all the edges of the bumper are rough and bumpy, which includes the undertray and I'm sure its going to take a fair bit of work for the body shop to get it looking nice ready for paint, if i had not of bought direct from a reputable company i would be questioning the authenticity of it.

Here is a picture to give you an idea just how bad the finish is all around the bumper and undertray.

Another problem is nothing lines up, the undertray is meant to bolt to the car, and the bolt holes on the under tray and the car intself, are a good inch out of place, so going to have to drill and tap some new ones on the car to secure it.

another problem is that the mounting holes for the bumper to wing are stupidy hard to get to fit right, it took hours and hours of adjustment to get them to sit, and even then its really stupidly tight, its going to be a nightmare when its stripped off and put back on for paint.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:56 AM

Cars booked to go in for painting tomorrow, and not wanting them to mask around the soft top rubber trim, i have decided to try and remove it myself.

It is fairly easy to get to it, i was put off by a lot of people saying how much work and how hard it is. But in all honesty to get to the bolts to remove it its fairly straight forwards.

I have removed the bolts but for some reason the rubber trim still wont come out i gave up last night at gone 9 so will have another try.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:21 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Presumably you had to cut into the bumper to accommodate the intercooler piping?
Old 04-24-2017, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by CynicG
Presumably you had to cut into the bumper to accommodate the intercooler piping?
only had to cut the mouth of the bumper, as shown in the second picture down, the piping itself does not foul the bumper at all
Old 05-10-2017, 12:25 AM

Car has been in the body shop for a little over two weeks now, hopefully will be getting it back soon!

Last edited by Define198; 05-10-2017 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good progress!
I really need to do exactly the same as you and strip and seal the underside of the car.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:03 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

No luck with the soft-top rear seal?
Old 05-10-2017, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Irish TuneR
Its still on the car, but its loose, so it could be lifted a few mm to get paint under it, better than just completely masking up to it i guess, I didn't have time to try and get it completely off but hopefully they can get a few mm of paint under the seal so you cannot see any lines
The following users liked this post:
Irish TuneR (05-11-2017)
Old 07-27-2017, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Irish TuneR
Ended up having the car fully resprayed again because the car came back the wrong shade of red and looked pink. I decided to try again and remove the rubber trim. Turns out that the soft top drain tanks have to be removed to give enough room to get the trim off, i took the soft top completely off in the end. Its a fairly big job but worth it IMO

Quick Reply: NFR s2000 Progress, Bushes Ohlins etc