UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

NFR s2000 Progress, Bushes Ohlins etc

Old 11-19-2014, 12:36 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

There's always somebody out there who's cheaper!
Old 11-19-2014, 01:23 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Well i have decided to go to center gravity after all, im paranoid about my cars not just about the service i will receive but also about possible damage to my car they may cause, im booked in for around 11am Saturday for the inspection, and possible geometry depending on if anything will need doing to the car, otherwise it will be next early next year when funds allow!

I have bought a can of penetrate spray and i am going to be spraying what i think are the bush's and bolts every day leading up to saturday in the hopes it may help free them up a little, worth a try for £5 i guess.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:35 AM

I'd get your bolts sorted elsewhere and just use CG for the geo set up etc. This will work out cheaper. However Chris at CG will do a top end job but it will cost. Let us know how you get on
Old 11-19-2014, 01:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris is a top bloke and a perfectionist, but as mentioned, he isn't cheap.

No complaints with the work I had done with him several years ago.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:42 AM

I dont mind paying for amazing service etc, its when its expensive and you get a crap job i dont like! I cant wait to get the cars geo done though so i hope something can be done Saturday, as since i have owned it i dont really enjoy driving the car at all, its either because A) geo is out B) Im a crap driver C)i just lack the confidence to push the car, im hoping its A, as b, or c will mean i will be getting rid of the car for an integra DC5 and trying my luck with front wheel drive again.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:43 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I am getting my geo sorted out at WIM first thing Saturday morning ..... anyone know how much they are charging these days?
Old 11-19-2014, 01:50 AM

In that case, it will be the best money you'll ever spend on the car… I promise

Did Chris say they had the bushes in stock?

Originally Posted by Define198
I dont mind paying for amazing service etc, its when its expensive and you get a crap job i dont like! I cant wait to get the cars geo done though so i hope something can be done Saturday, as since i have owned it i dont really enjoy driving the car at all, its either because A) geo is out B) Im a crap driver C)i just lack the confidence to push the car, im hoping its A, as b, or c will mean i will be getting rid of the car for an integra DC5 and trying my luck with front wheel drive again.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Define198
Chris will explain everything to you and show you everything as well. He's a suspension/chassis geek.

Having owned a DC5, and ironically one set up by Chris Franklin, out of the box it's faster point to point than an S2000 in the hands of an ordinary driver but less rewarding to drive.

See if he remembers me, name is Chris and I had a black DC5 he set up when I was living in Nuneaton. If he does then say hello.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:02 AM

If you're up north you should have looked into Daytona Autos in Cheshire as he is on the forum (DaytonaDave) and is very helpful from experience.

Its better to go somewhere close in case you find out everything is seized rather than wasting the hours of driving and fuel when there is potential that they can't do anything.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by S2KIP
Originally Posted by Define198' timestamp='1416393771' post='23410598
Chris will explain everything to you and show you everything as well. He's a suspension/chassis geek.

Having owned a DC5, and ironically one set up by Chris Franklin, out of the box it's faster point to point than an S2000 in the hands of an ordinary driver but less rewarding to drive.

See if he remembers me, name is Chris and I had a black DC5 he set up when I was living in Nuneaton. If he does then say hello.
Are you on the overclockers forums? im sure i remember your username from the honda thread on their, i recently put pictures up of my headlights and alloy cap refurb

Quick Reply: NFR s2000 Progress, Bushes Ohlins etc