UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

No Locking Wheel Nuts?

Old 05-10-2001, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best way to prevent someone taking your wheels in London is to go and have a coffee whilst on a double yellow!!!

I see 2 or 3 a day on my M4/A4 travels. Always Silver/Black or Silver/Red. Very occasionally do I see a Blue with Hardtop coming out of town about 10.15 in the morning.

S.
Old 05-10-2001, 02:30 PM

I've seen quite a few s2000's in the West Midlands over the past month. (between Birmingham and Nottingham)
Several silver models and a single black one.

Just two weeks ago I saw a nice silver one (although it looked like a champagne colour ?? not sure why.....) with reg = 'Y200O ??' at mcdonalds off the M42 by the A444 services. I was in my Black/Red Y-reg too....
Im guessing it was owned by someone who was eating in there like myself, but I couldn't make out who's it was.

jonathan.
Old 05-10-2001, 02:45 PM

Just out of interest, i see some of you have had trouble getting hold of english service books for imported s2000s....well, just to make you feel worse, I managed to get hold of an english service book, and I live in france!

And i never said I thought the S2000 was common, i just meant that by a bizarre set of circumstances, I was driving through London in a silver S2000, and within 5 minutes I saw two other identical cars to mine, one parked, one heading in the opposite direction. I completely agree that it is feasible to go for months without seeing a single other S2000, and by NO means would I consider this car to be common....thats one of the many reasons I love it so

I still see no takers for the silvers that i saw....
S2000 TT, and the other one, a Y reg, that were in London last weekend...come on, confess, you must be out there!
Old 05-10-2001, 02:58 PM

PariS2k,

Mine has now arrived so whenever you are free would love to meet up? Let me know. Remember where I live - Camberley just down from Chertsey.

Anthony
Old 06-01-2001, 01:10 PM

i bought my s2k in belgium and got cat 1 alarm and locking wheel nuts, something which the belgians don't get!! i travel from epsom into london everyday, never see any other s2k.
Old 07-10-2001, 06:44 AM

Originally posted by kerr
i bought my s2k in belgium and got cat 1 alarm and locking wheel nuts, something which the belgians don't get!! i travel from epsom into london everyday, never see any other s2k.
Did you get good service? Will you recommend the dealer? Can you please provide info if yes?

thanks

John
Old 07-11-2001, 09:24 AM

I had a nightmare with my locking wheel nuts (ooh err missus). Probably just me being useless, but if they are put on too tight (ie. with an airgun), the useless little tool they provide you with will not get enough torque to do anything other than trash them. There are some Honda alternatives - my dealer claims to have 20 on order from pi**ed-off owners. Including me.

s
Old 07-12-2001, 02:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by N-a-$-t-Y
[B]I've seen quite a few s2000's in the West Midlands over the past month. (between Birmingham and Nottingham)
Several silver models and a single black one.

Just two weeks ago I saw a nice silver one (although it looked like a champagne colour ?? not sure why.....) with reg = 'Y200O ??' at mcdonalds off the M42 by the A444 services. I was in my Black/Red Y-reg too....
Old 07-12-2001, 09:33 AM

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson

I know I've got to lose my cherry sometime but this Rutland meet is gonna be the equivalantof getting gang-banged

ROFLMAO....You old swinger you
Old 07-13-2001, 02:36 PM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Honda UK are doing their level best to act like twats again.

They sent an English service book back with the CoC and warranty document that I sent them, instructing me to contact my local dealer.

No-one in the local dealer had not heard of the change in procedure, but took copies of the relevant documents anyway

The dealer's only worry is in case of recall letters. They would have no problem supporting the car or submitting warranty claims should the need arise.

I'm sure Honda UK are just throwing their toys on the floor because they've lost their cut due entirely to their own greed.

Quick Reply: No Locking Wheel Nuts?