UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

No more cheap Honda Parts from the USA ?

Old 01-19-2014, 11:23 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default No more cheap Honda Parts from the USA ?

I have been trying to order some cheaper Honda parts from various US sources as of late, and they all say that "Honda no longer allow us to ship parts internationally"
which has hacked me off as although I can get them cheapish through work they are virtually half prices from the US (excluding shipping)

Has anybody else found the same or is it an international conspiracy theory against me
Old 01-20-2014, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tozerman
I have been trying to order some cheaper Honda parts from various US sources as of late, and they all say that "Honda no longer allow us to ship parts internationally"
which has hacked me off as although I can get them cheapish through work they are virtually half prices from the US (excluding shipping)

Has anybody else found the same or is it an international conspiracy theory against me
This is part of the game Honda has been playing out in the UK....
Honda has prosecuted several large companies for selling products that were not "officially" recognised by Honda UK... even if those products were no longer available in the UK but were available, say, from the States then they went all out to prevent them being sold into the UK.

Mr S Honda would be turning in his grave now at Honda UK attitude, he once said Honda parts production would be available for all models for life. (or something similar!)

The motorcycle parts business has become a nightmare with ONLY Honda UK supplying...and you pay through the nose.....
David Silverspares has had to open an American website/supply but he still can't ship products from that site to the UK without the BUYER actually getting permission from Honda UK to be able to do so !!

It would look like Honda (UK ?) has now started to turn the heat up on the U.S. companies for direct supply channels to be stopped.....

This will be down to the F in bar steward acuntants again....
Old 01-20-2014, 12:35 AM

Received 344 Likes on 321 Posts

Short and curlies spring to mind..

Old 01-20-2014, 12:36 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Have you tried these guys? A few people have had success recently.

The site says they will ship internationally.

http://www.hondapart...m?siteid=215743
Old 01-20-2014, 12:40 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

I recently ordered some parts from hondapartsonline.net, seems they raised the shipping cost a bit but still a lot cheaper than prices here in Sweden or from UK.
Just for example I paid £8.6 for one of those special geo nuts, think they cost £45 each in UK!
Didn't even bother to check my local dealer, still mad about that 1l bottle of diff oil for over £40.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:56 AM

Aye, it's weirdly hard to get parts.

I'm off to the states in a few months and will be getting some parts ordered to my buddy's house when I'm over... then filling my suitcase for the journey home, haha!
Old 01-20-2014, 01:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Surely an opportunity to source someone trusted stateside who can sort orders and ship to the uk whilst making a few dollars for their time?
Old 01-20-2014, 02:00 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Have you tried these guys? A few people have had success recently.

The site says they will ship internationally.

http://www.hondapart...m?siteid=215743
What a star, jumped straight onto their site set up an account and ordered some parts

edited to add, at least some US Honda agents are willing to buck the trend.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by jimmyb1978
Surely an opportunity to source someone trusted stateside who can sort orders and ship to the uk whilst making a few dollars for their time?
Art Vandelay - Importer-Exporter
Old 01-20-2014, 03:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I need to order 4 abs sensors soon and the cost is frightening.

Quick Reply: No more cheap Honda Parts from the USA ?