UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Not impressed!

Old 04-08-2017, 07:43 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

Inclined to agree with Gad, the welding and painting, something like Ray did on his, isnt a small job so £800 sounds cheap

i have had 2 significant bits of work done, both had flaws but the latter was better for sure. And more money.

I think if its sub £200 to paint a panel i'm cautious
Old 04-08-2017, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, fortunately I've had a few recommendations for the body shop from other s owners in the area and looking at the work theyve done in the shop when I was there I'm very happy.

I also got a quote for a full respray​​​​​​ and that came to around £2.5k.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Define198
Got mine booked in with them, taking it in on 25th, so if you get your car sorted before this then please let me know as i am eager to hear about the quality of the finish! seemed like a good bunch of guys, but im sure i will be very uneasy leaving the car with them until its back with me! Normally the car doesn't get left anywhere out of my sight ever, so im very reluctant, but hopefully will be worth it when the car is back to near new condition

They said they may as well do both whole sides of the car including the doors so theirs no problems with paint color match! so apart from the rear boot lid will be near enough a full respray
No worries, if it's done before yours goes in, I'd be very happy to meet up so you can take a look. Where in/around sheffield are you?

I think it was Vtaki0 and Twibs who have both used them as well as another member recently.

Edit:​​​ Wiggs was the guy who used them more recently

I'm th​​​​​e same, don't like leaving it anywhere alone! The only reason I parked on the road is because of the garden work and purposely parked outside my neighbors because of his cctv looking at it which paid off. Skips going soon so it'll be back on the drive.

Last edited by gav86; 04-08-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:51 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

not actually from Sheffield, im from Worksop so not too far away, yea that would be great! send me a pm when its done and will come take a look if mine has not already gone in!
Old 04-08-2017, 10:44 AM

Ahhhh cool, I know worksop too, grew up in Carlton in Lindrick.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:43 PM

The car returned this week, a slight miscommunication with the Garage but got there in the end! Managed to get out in the sun this afternoon with a camera...

Old 05-13-2017, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great
Old 05-13-2017, 01:03 PM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

it does look good. you pleased with it?

it's funny with pics but some look an awful colour match and others spot on, i assume they blended in somehow?

she looks tidy
Old 05-13-2017, 01:21 PM

Yeah am please, more so after a good clean and some 303 on the top this afternoon. I just need to get the remaining top soil off the drive now so the S can return to its safe place!

Yep rear was painted and then blended down the sides, impressed with the work. The total came in a bit above what I quoted above, because of getting a new rear plate garnish with all the associated brackets and getting the lights polished and clear coated.

Edit:
Photos are funny I think it's to do with the angles of each body panel, odd reflections and shaddows. I think photos of Moonrocks are notorious for showing odd colours on each panel. Have seen a few photos of other cars which look like 50 shades...

Last edited by gav86; 05-13-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:56 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

also got my car back from the same body shop today.

It is a lot lighter than the original new formula red, and seems to look a little pink, i had front bumper, front wings, doors sills and rear quarters painted, rear bumper was not painted, but i thought it would be as it had a scuff on it, they spot repaired the scuff which looks better but is still visible. Trouble is the rear bumper is about 10 shades darker than the rest of the car now and imo looks horrendous, but im sure this is the colour they should of painted the rest of the car, not the paler version i got

You might be thinking its because the rear bumper is plastic, and on cars you do get odd color differences, but you can also see the colour differences where the line they have painted to meets the inside of the shut line on the sill, can see how pale it is.

i did mention it to him the colour difference but he shrugged it off, so i paid my bill and left, kind of wish i didn't, but will see what he says.

I have two thoughts, i might be happy just having the rear bumper sprayed to hopefully match the rest of the car, my other thought is that i will not be happy due to the paleness of the paint and the way it looks slightly pink in certain lights (in day light)

Last edited by Define198; 05-13-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Not impressed!