UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Not impressed!

Old 05-16-2017, 10:18 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

i once had a spoiler painted off the car, painter said their was only 1 version of new formula red and only 1 variation. and it matched pretty much bang on, possibly a shade darker but wasn't much in it.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave
Sending them pics or telling them on the phone is totally different to actually taking the car to see them, folk complain all the time about anything even if you have farted in their car, don't wait for an invite just take the car to show them, take a chill pill first and talk to him calmly, show him the difference in the door shuts etc, ask him what paint code he mixed the colour to,

you won't have a leg to stand on unless you let him see the car in person first,
I ended up going to see him one Saturday, and he was still happy with the colour even when he saw it in person and would not budge, in the end i gave up and paid the £684 to have it all done again, this time including the rear bumper/boot lid and wing mirrors.

Got the car back last saturday and the colour is a lot more like what it should be and is no longer pale and pink looking.

Their is a few imperfections, namely on the bumpers, spoiler and boot lid. Boot lid has some nibs in the paint, and a scuff type mark near the bottom corner, i think the scuff has possibly been done when they polished the spolier/trunk with the spoiler in position and its rubbed, these i think would be hidden when the boot lid spoiler is put back on, but im not sure if i will ever have a big wing put on exposing these areas in the future.

the spoiler itself is IMO not acceptable finish, it has loads of stuff stuck into the paint, and what looks to be a lacquer run, i sent some photos on saturday and a email on Monday but as of yet have not heard anything yet.

the bits on the front bumper, are like a white bit of lacquer the guy said he would machine polish it but when i got home i noticed it was still present, some paint nibs, and a bit of much stuck in the paint which they said they could not get out because it was a tight area and could not get a polisher in their to remove it

Bits on rear bumper are nibs in the paint.
Front windscreen surround looks kind of like it has a dent in it, or a raised area in certain light.

paint overspray on the windscreen surround, and also a run in the paint which thankfully is covered by the surround.

Rear key lock has obviously had overspray on it and has been scraped off leaving the metal covered in scratch's

with not having much paintwork done in the past, im not sure what is acceptable if any in terms of imperfections and paint nibs etc?

taking it back on the 22nd to be looked at and hopefully sort little bits out

i think with all of these little bits sorted the overall paint work is very good.

Last edited by Define198; 06-29-2017 at 04:38 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:46 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Bloody hell! This is why I am making National Windscreen take my car to my bodyshop to be repaired as this is the kind of half arsed crap you seem to get these days... makes me feel very sad
Old 06-29-2017, 07:58 AM

the annoying thing is i cant remember seeing anything like this in the paint the first time it was sprayed, having said that, i remember seeing the odd stone chip in the front wing that wasn't fully filled and i didn't really give the car a too hard of a look over as i was so upset about the colour. hopefully it is all stuff that can be sorted pretty simply with a wet sand and polish

Last edited by Define198; 06-29-2017 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:08 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Have you kicked a black cat or something your not having much luck,
Old 06-30-2017, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave
Have you kicked a black cat or something your not having much luck,
it just follows the trend of anything i have done to the car by someone else, i seem to have problems with! Other than the clutch install you did for me which went smoothly apart from the odd seized bolt that you sorted!

im thinking these few paint issues are not too serious though so they should sort them fairly easily, we shall see in 3 weeks

Having my alloys done this weekend so hopefully i wont be posting another horror story about that next week lol

Last edited by Define198; 06-30-2017 at 12:58 AM.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:36 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Here comes the over bake!

#Jinxed