UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Now that's a liberty?

Old 08-28-2001, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now that's a liberty?

I've just bobbed over to the main forum to see what's going on (don't do it often....).

Is it me or am I alone in finding this thread quite shocking..... (It's funny at the start and then turns sour...)

A really scary one

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind guns in their rightful places (carried a 7.62 & a 5.56, which kept falling apart, for a number of years...) but this is really scary.
Old 08-28-2001, 09:40 PM

With car hijacking on the up they may have a point. but I bet here in the UK a mobile phone holster would have more sales
Wooly
Old 08-28-2001, 10:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, assuming people want to carry a gun in the car I'm guessing it's normally in the glove box.

Using the compartment between the seats on the S2000 wouldn't exactly be quick on the draw...

It is a little scary though. Thankfully the most scary S2000 accessory in the UK is still the beaded seat cover

You still okay for bringin yours to the meet Andy? I can't wait to see/feel it

-Brian.
Old 08-28-2001, 11:13 PM

Should have full leather for the meet

Then again I suppose we ought to come in full cammo. DPM seat covers anyone?
Old 08-30-2001, 09:59 PM

Just taken a quick look at this thread again. I think there may be a couple of American's with a sense of humour. Obviously others don't get it....

It did remind me of a case about 10yrs ago when there was a UK guy in Dallas on a business trip and went out for a few jars. Stopped at a fence for a leak walking back to the hotel (as you do) and was killed by some bloke "protecting" his property.

I wish someone would tell them it's not bloody TV. Once you're down you don't get up....

I must remind myself next time I try getting the power down out of a bend that my S2000 doesn't bounce of armco...
Old 08-31-2001, 03:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we may speak the same language - but it's just another world
Old 09-01-2001, 04:24 AM

Even a better thread on this subject :

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...1176#post281176

My answer to him might be a bit abrupt, but he's just too stupid and no one said anything...
Old 09-01-2001, 05:02 AM

The problem with the UK and guns is that all the criminals have easy access to them.
It's about time the balance was redressed.
If I lived in a remote house in the countryside I would not hesitate to buy a shotgun for personal defence and peace of mind.
This very week a guy living in the country not more than 6 miles from me was killed by an intruder. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.
Old 09-01-2001, 06:09 AM

Hope you'll excuse the butting in.

I wouldn't get too worked up about this. We're a country of unrepentant blow-hards and that's mostly what this is. In my experience, most of these "big men" will be hiding in the closet at the first sign of trouble.

A statistic is helpful. Most US cops never fire their weapon in the line of duty during a twenty + year career. These jerks are even less likely. The major threat is that there will be an accidental shooting in their family. Even this is rare.
Old 09-01-2001, 06:25 AM

Too true ! An englishman's home is his castle.... and your quite within your civil rights to protect it by any means necessary. I wouldn't hesitate if some scum thought they could help themselves to my posessions. They need putting down... its the humane thing to do

Most Farmers around these parts have shotguns...

Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY
The problem with the UK and guns is that all the criminals have easy access to them.
It's about time the balance was redressed.
If I lived in a remote house in the countryside I would not hesitate to buy a shotgun for personal defence and peace of mind.
This very week a guy living in the country not more than 6 miles from me was killed by an intruder. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

Quick Reply: Now that's a liberty?