UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Now that's a liberty?

Old 09-02-2001, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm, well maybe to you its a myth. But i know what i'd do If I found someone in my apartment... or if someone was raping my sister..... or attempting to steal my car...
I'd rather do time than let some lowlife get away.
PC....? there is no PC these days. Its all for yourself or else you'll get walked all over my friend.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikerich
[B]$nasty - I think the castle thing is a myth -
Old 09-02-2001, 10:38 PM

Originally posted by N-a-$-t-Y
hmmm, well maybe to you its a myth. But i know what i'd do If I found someone in my apartment... or if someone was raping my sister..... or attempting to steal my car...
I'd rather do time than let some lowlife get away.
PC....? there is no PC these days. Its all for yourself or else you'll get walked all over my friend.

I couldn't agree more
Old 09-02-2001, 10:40 PM

Not wishing to labour the point

"I'd rather do time than let some lowlife get away. "

Precisely! Hence castle thing a myth.
Old 09-02-2001, 11:00 PM

Originally posted by mikerich

Eh
Old 09-02-2001, 11:29 PM

Eh

If the legal system supported the castle concept, one would not be faced with the possibility of legal retribution for defending it.
Old 09-03-2001, 08:15 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikerich
[B]Eh
Old 09-03-2001, 09:07 AM

Not precisely at all....
Hence, if you try to steal my stuff then suffer the wrath. Im not going to sit back and watch. I only wish I could've caught the gits that broke into my flat and robbed my video, playstation and credit cards 4 years ago.

Im sure all law abiding tax payers and police officers agree with me. Its time that people stood up for themselves a bit more instead of relying on the police to hold their hands every five minutes of the day and night. If your a soft target then the crooks will keep coming back.

Mikerich, maybe you need to experience what its like to have you home invaded and robbed, then you'll change your tune.

Originally posted by mikerich

Old 09-03-2001, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are entitled to defend yourself in English Law whether you are in your castle, walking down the street, whatever. It is the 'Minimum Force' thing that will be looked at after the event. If the force used is out of all proportion to the threat, you are on a loser. In the case referred to, the guy concerned wasn't playing with a full deck and lived a reclusive existance in an isolated house. He had been subject to numerous burglaries. He was I understand a long way from any police support and most of the time, didn't even bother to report the burglaries he was getting. He had gone to the extent of building look out towers to survey the area for intruders and was roaming around continually armed, day and night! The impression given to the jury was of a man hell bent on retribution.... a vigilante! That coupled with the fact that he shot the intruder at the full length of a staircase, and the fact that the intruder was unarmed, sealed his fate! Don't let this case affect how you deal with intruders in your home provided you remember the 'Minimum force' Rule of Thumb.
Old 09-03-2001, 09:41 AM

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
You are entitled to defend yourself in English Law whether you are in your castle, walking down the street, whatever. It is the 'Minimum Force' thing that will be looked at after the event. If the force used is out of all proportion to the threat, you are on a loser. In the case referred to, the guy concerned wasn't playing with a full deck and lived a reclusive existance in an isolated house. He had been subject to numerous burglaries. He was I understand a long way from any police support and most of the time, didn't even bother to report the burglaries he was getting. He had gone to the extent of building look out towers to survey the area for intruders and was roaming around continually armed, day and night! The impression given to the jury was of a man hell bent on retribution.... a vigilante! That coupled with the fact that he shot the intruder at the full length of a staircase, and the fact that the intruder was unarmed, sealed his fate! Don't let this case affect how you deal with intruders in your home provided you remember the 'Minimum force' Rule of Thumb.
I saw the documentary on this incident on TV.
You must also remember the terror that some people feel when living in an isolated property, in the dead of night with multiple intruders roaming around, intent on who knows what.
If I was sat on the jury of this case, I would not have voted against the guy with the shotgun. He may have been a recluse but once those scummy bastards illegally entered his property they deserved all they got. Its just a shame he did not get the other ones with him.

There is one statistic that nobody can argue with, once a convicted killer has been put to death, he is guaranteed not to re offend.
Old 09-03-2001, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY

Ohh to be able to pour hot tar on those annoying double glazing salesmen
Jehovah's Witnesses!!

Quick Reply: Now that's a liberty?