UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Official Honda Speaker Upgrade

Old 08-20-2001, 11:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Official Honda Speaker Upgrade

I just got Honda's In Car Entertainment options booklet through and it actually lists a few things for the S2000.

Most things aren't applicable to the S2k, but there are 3 things listed (excluding fitting.)

- 6CD Changer,
Old 08-21-2001, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by bmarshall

There's also the interesting question of where the rear speakers would go...

I know it's not a very S2k thing to think about the stereo, but I have a very nice, powerful (but light ) setup in my ITR. Then again you need some power to hear it over the engine at times

-Brian.
Please let us know where these rears go, I havn't the foggiest.

My friend as an ITR, he loves the car but as spent a fortune on some sound material to put in the doors as the accoustics in the ITR make the S2K setup look good
Old 08-21-2001, 03:56 AM

So far the Honda dealer has said they can fit the fronts, but they don't know where the rears go either!

I solved my ITR acoustics with some different speaker mounting - I didn't need or want the weight penalty of sound deadening.

I'll post whatever else I can find out.

-Brian.
Old 08-21-2001, 09:16 AM

I haven't seen a recent ICE options booklet, but I would guess that it's got more than the odd error The CD changer is different to the Pioneer unit that they put into everything else (which have a Pioneer setup). The S2000 changer is a Honda badged Alpine unit. If memory serves me right, there is also an extra cost for the fitting kit and connecting cable.

On this basis, I would take the speaker details with the proverbial pinch of salt! I'd still be intested to find out details though, my lumps of MDF in the doors (custom speaker brackets) are not too elegant. The price of the speakers seems rather high though. I recently got a Pioneer CD changer for a Civic for
Old 08-21-2001, 09:49 AM

The dealer is now having trouble sorting it out... but they haven't given up yet.

I've scanned the brochure page, and I'm arranging for a registered owner to post it up later.

I will treat this with a pinch of salt, but it would be nice

As to the price... well the CD Changer is quoted in the brochure at
Old 08-21-2001, 09:52 AM

you will have to view full screen to read the info...
hope this helps
Old 08-21-2001, 10:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian, Just a thought but if you are considering changing the head unit itself, have you thought about a Mini Disc stacker rather than CD. The secret compartment will apparently take a Min Disc stacker, and would leave your boot space free. Of course you'd lose the remote controls on the dash unless you can find something 'aftermarket' I personally love the dash controls.
When will you be picking up the new car
Old 08-21-2001, 10:31 PM

I've gone with a cd changer for now. I'm not a fan of min disc, and I'm going to try and keep the stock head unit. Depending on what happens I might just end up replacing the speakers myself.

My car is at the dealer now

But I'm not taking delivery until the start of Sept. (I'm probably going to get it just after the new plate rush - 3rd or 4th Sept.)

So I'm currently cramming all the ITR Vtec in I can , so I'll remember the feel while running in the S2k

-Brian.
Old 08-22-2001, 03:54 AM

Well, the fronts do exist - inc vat
Old 09-12-2001, 11:10 PM

Results on the upgrade:

Very good sound quality. More than capable of giving good sound with Hard Top, or roof up or down. No panel vibrations with the volumes I've used.

I'm happy with the results.

Anyone interested can have a listen at the meet. Might not be for everyone - I don't blast music out.

One caveat though. The whole car is much quieter than the ITR I had before, even roof down, so it could be that I'm simply part deaf now

-Brian.

Quick Reply: Official Honda Speaker Upgrade