UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Oil jet squirter bolts

Old 09-18-2015, 08:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oil jet squirter bolts

Hello guys,

Currently in the process of rebuilding an engine and i have 8x used Oil jet bolts (all are the "newer" 4 hole versions)
Now some of them, the internal ball bearing valve is quite free and so when its nut is at the top, you cannot see through the 4 holes,
but when its turned with the nut down, the ball bearing rolls out the way and thus you can see through the 4 holes. And when the bolt is shook, the ball bearing can be heard knocking about.

But then i have a few where the bearing does not move when its tilted up/down and even after blowing some compressed air to see if it was stuck, it still doesn't "freely" move and you cannot see through the 4 holes at all time.

My question is, which are the ones that i should be using? How do new oil jet squirter bolts function if anyone has noticed?

I'm thinking that the freely moving ones, the spring (if there is a spring inside of them to keep the ball bearing seated and only allow oil to pass at pressure) is either damaged /broken /bent whatever, so its allowing the ball bearing to move too freely, and thus when the bolts are mounted, the ball bearing will not stop the oil from flowing out of the oil gallery through the oil jet bolts when the engine is turned off?

But then the ones with the "stiffer" or sticky ball bearings, are they any good to use, as i don't know if they are just blocked.

both sets are both out of engines that have had metal swarf run through them as bearings have been eaten, so it could be metal particles blocking the stickier ones.

Any help would be much appreciated, sorry for the garbage that comes out of my mind / brain!

thanks!
Old 09-18-2015, 02:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm just thinking wether I should replace mine when I rebuild the engine.The bolts are actually more expensive than the squirter jets.

Are you saying the squirter jets are the same it's just the bolts/valves that are different?If so I think I'll replace the bolts regardless.If you don't mind waiting ill order myself a new set and can order you some at the same time.....just to be on the safe side.

Have you considered bathing them ins plus gas or something to see if they free off?If there is any doubt with them I would replace them,I think they are pretty important.

I'm not absolutely certain but I think they are only supposed to open once the revs/oil pressure gets quite high.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:44 PM

Sorry i should of made it clearer, i mean the oil jet bolts x4, they all have a little one way valve in them, i just don't know if its meant to be loose or stiff.

Maybe i should of just wrote the above haha!

I may end up just bathing them in plusgas as stated and see what they are like after that.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:33 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I'd go for the ones that don't rattle https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/109...k-and-inspect/
Old 09-21-2015, 11:35 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

I'd forgotten about that thread - brain-dead old cunt.

My lump sounds rattlier at idle than I remember, so it might be time to think about doing something about it or not.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by BenRNBP
I'd go for the ones that don't rattle https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/109...k-and-inspect/

good information, just what i needed thanks!

now i just need to test the ones that are not rattling, and make sure they are not just stuck shut!
Old 09-22-2015, 02:13 AM

I've just ordered a set of squirters and bolts/valves,£124 delivered.Cheap as chips,for that price Im not even going to check the ones I take out.For the price it's not worth the risk.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:35 AM

You can get a set delivered for less than £60 from Honda in Germany, look on ebay, they delivered mine in a couple of days.
Fairly easy to fit just the front bolt is a pain as the oil pump is in the way.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:24 AM
Former Sponsor

We stock the bolts... and the squirters.

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine...2000-f20c.html

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine...2000-f20c.html
Old 09-23-2015, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone is worried, run a 10w 60 oil. That'll give you increased bearing protection. Job done.

Quick Reply: Oil jet squirter bolts