UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Only Now do I understand...

Old 09-21-2001, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Only Now do I understand...

the unholy yet beguiling appeal of VTEC...

Just to let you all know, my source of devilish torment is tucked up safe and sound in my garage

250 miles on the clock now - damn nut it is sooooo tempting to go beyond 6000 rpm, but I will be strong and fight my demons.

Thanks for all your wise advice over the last few weeks guys, I'll see you all Sunday.
Old 09-21-2001, 12:05 PM

You have been corrupted for life
Old 09-21-2001, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tifosi Red
[B]the unholy yet beguiling appeal of VTEC...
Old 09-21-2001, 11:23 PM

)
Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson

Come on then...... initial thoughts and impressions if you don't mind. We've all had to wait this out with you after all!
Sorry! I was pretty knackered last night when I got back from showing all the relies etc.

My first impression when I saw the car at the dealer was disbelief that it was mine - its gorgeous.

I spent about an hour going over the car with the sales guy, he seemed to know a bit about the car (such as where the fuel release was ) but some of his advice seemed a bit wide of the mark (e.g. use one tank of SUL to 3 tanks of regular) and my personal favorite was "this engine doen't leak oil or burn oil, you won't need to add a drop between services" , sure wish I had that on video! Nice, friendly guy though.

I filled up just around the corner at a Shell Garage,
Old 09-21-2001, 11:44 PM

Nice to hear you're impressed with it!

BTW are you going to bring your hardtop to the meeting? I'd love to see a silver one with the hardtop. Give Pam ideas for my Christmas present....
Old 09-22-2001, 12:11 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tifosi Red
[B])

Sorry! I was pretty knackered last night when I got back from showing all the relies etc.

My first impression when I saw the car at the dealer was disbelief that it was mine - its gorgeous.

I spent about an hour going over the car with the sales guy, he seemed to know a bit about the car (such as where the fuel release was ) but some of his advice seemed a bit wide of the mark (e.g. use one tank of SUL to 3 tanks of regular) and my personal favorite was "this engine doen't leak oil or burn oil, you won't need to add a drop between services" , sure wish I had that on video!
Old 09-22-2001, 12:17 AM

Excellent description of the drive home
I am supposed to be getting mine delivered next Thursday. Now the anticipation is building...
Old 09-22-2001, 01:45 AM

Great!! As I was driving mine home when I'd just picked it up from the dealer, I remember reflecting on all those 'Lack of torque 'comments I'd read and thinking 'WTF?' There's no satisfying people of course... very few cars can live with the S2000 round the twisties, yet we still want to win the drag race against the torque monsters that would end up in the weeds in the former scenario!
Old 09-22-2001, 02:25 AM

Having just parted with an Abbot Racing Saab 900 Turbo SE (230 bhp) I know real torque when I feel it! - and I don't feel it in my S2000.

But, hey, who cares.... use those S2000 revs and that superb gearbox correctly and you have everything you need to excite and delight. I had the Saab from new for five years and loved it - acceleration in 5th gear was mindblowing.

But now I have real sports car with another 10 bhp and a lot less weight (and I love using my left hand that much more). I don't miss the Saab one bit!

See you tomorrow
Old 09-22-2001, 11:20 AM

Thanks for taking me for a spin today, Tifosi bro!

I was impressed by the accomodating cockpit, my 6'2" frame managed to fit perfectly in the driver's seat (but I may have to perfect my technique for exiting!).

The car's a beautiful piece of machinery.....I'm very impressed. I look forward to seeing the hardtop next week....

Quick Reply: Only Now do I understand...