UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.
View Poll Results: Owners Club Update - Final Proposal
Yes, I approve
98.28%
No, I don't
1.72%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Owners Club Update - Final Proposal

Old 03-17-2004, 02:17 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

S2kUK - The UK S2000 Owners Club

Following the original post about getting an official club together, and some very helpful input, we're now in a position to progress further.

In my original post, I outlined the steps required to form the club. This step is to approve the constitution (which has been amended to take into account the input we had) and agree to vote in the Club Committee.

As a result of the first post we had 3 volunteers, willing to commit time and energy to join the committee, so following discussion between us we are proposing that all 6 make up the club committee. (6 rather than 5 as previously suggested, due primarily to the annual membership which will need more administration, and the increased activity we think we can generate contacting dealers, arranging discounts etc.. more detail later)

Proposed Club Committee:

Ian Eygelsheim (AquilaEagle) - Chairman
Mark Turner (Mark Turner!) - Secretary
Adrian John (Ade) - Treasurer
Neil Lough (neil_s2k) - Committee Member
Rob Vaughan (GSi) - Committee Member
Helen Hughes (Scrappy) - Committee Member

Please take a moment to show your approval as prospective members of the club by voting in this poll. The Poll will time out in 7 days from the time of posting.

I'd like to try and keep this thread clean, so Please, by all means ask questions on the other update thread

As an official club we should be able to deliver a host of benefits to members, we are already working on some of these. Some of the benefits we are initially aiming to deliver will be:
  • Recognition and support from Honda UK
  • Dealer Discounts
  • Club Insurance Deals
  • General Club/group Discounts
  • Forum Sponsorship (which will generate a reveune to the club to support the club, and events)

And of course there will be more as time goes on, and as suggestions are made. We'll walk before we run though!

Membership

We are proposing to open membership once we have some administrational items organised, and whilst we may not immediately have benefits to offer, building a member base will only help to deliver that.

Once membership is open the annual membership subs will be due each year (Date to be decided - but the first year you may well get over 12 months of membership).

Membership of the club is optional, and not a requirement to use the forum. Membership of the club is separate to membership of s2ki.com.

Forum

The formation of the club will not affect any way that individuals use this forum, it should enhance the benefits we get as a community. It is not a splinter group, or separate group.

We are going to continue to use s2ki.com as our forum, there is no plan to set up separate forums - s2ki is very big and widely recognised (and number 1 in google search for S2000!) The running of the forum will not be any different. We will however have a very simple website for administrative purposes.

Thanks for taking the time to read, it all sounds very official, but there is a need to ensure it is set up properly and with people's agreement

Club Constitution
Below I have copied the full club constitution, for your info, which is updated and expanded from the previous version, basics are the same.

[SIZE=1]
THE UK S2000 OWNERS CLUB CONSTITUTION

1. The name of the Club will be: UK S2000 Owners Club (S2KUK) ("The Club").
2. The address of the Club shall be: PO Box 2000 Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire WD3 9WX. The address of the Club may be changed at any time without prior notification to members. However in these circumstances the committee must:
2.1 make every effort to inform the membership of the change of address at the earliest convenience.
2.2 make every effort to retrieve any correspondence from the original address up to six months from the change.
3. The Club
Old 03-17-2004, 02:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unsurprisingly, I've voted with the

I'd just like to record that the vast majority of the time and effort spent on this has been by the AdministrativePigeon. Ian really has been the driving force behind this project and it will be largely thanks to him once it is up and running.

He may be an unmitigated and not bother to read half the threads before posting on them asking questions which have already been answered but credit where it's due to Feathers
Old 03-17-2004, 03:10 AM
Ade

Also easy to guess how I'll be voting on this topic. Thanks to the winged one for the time, effort and determination to get this project off the ground.

If it works out we should all be beter off having a united front that we can present to Honda UK, dealers, the press etc.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well done Son! Not forgetting everyone else who has had an input.

I'm all for it and am willing to give any help as required.

Being a man of leisure I have plenty of time available to assist with administartive work or most organisational matters.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:48 AM
GSi

:coff: Vaughan :coff:
Old 03-17-2004, 06:31 AM

I'll only approve when AE gets my name right

PM sent Budgie
Old 03-17-2004, 06:40 AM

Do you think anyone other than the prospective committee members will post on here?

(Budgie has many talents - unfortunately, spelling isn't one of them! )
Old 03-17-2004, 06:52 AM

Rob raised this in off topic, but I rarely notice new posts in the sticky part of the forum. I've been on a few times today and only just noticed this.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:51 AM

Old 03-17-2004, 09:28 AM

Originally posted by neil_s2k
I'll only approve when AE gets my name right

PM sent Budgie

You now have my approval

Quick Reply: Owners Club Update - Final Proposal