S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   parts-honda.uk - Real or Fake? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/parts-honda-uk-real-fake-1178424/)

zakazak 10-10-2017 03:09 AM

parts-honda.uk - Real or Fake?

Hello there,

has anyone ordered from "parts-honda.uk" before? I wonder if they are real or fake as I can't find a contact number or a decent impressum or whatever.

Thanks !

Nick Graves 10-10-2017 04:36 AM

Looks a bit dodgy to me.

We don't really have a legal requirement for an 'Impressum' or 'AGB' page as such, but they are noticeable by their absence anyway.

Coxa Ltd is a software/web company - the only details given.

Looks like a copy of a US web page - or a global one.

Just because it's a 'front' for a Chinese (or whatever) site doesn't mean it's not genuine. But I'd be suspicious...

flanders 10-10-2017 04:41 AM

Some company information https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08018614

zakazak 10-10-2017 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Graves (Post 24365507)
Looks a bit dodgy to me.

We don't really have a legal requirement for an 'Impressum' or 'AGB' page as such, but they are noticeable by their absence anyway.

Coxa Ltd is a software/web company - the only details given.

Looks like a copy of a US web page - or a global one.

Just because it's a 'front' for a Chinese (or whatever) site doesn't mean it's not genuine. But I'd be suspicious...

Ye I am worried right now. I already ordered and I also wasn't able to pay with Paypal or American Express.
I had to pay with MasterCard + SecureCode 3D but I am not sure if there is any security for me if I just won't get the bought items.

Originally Posted by flanders (Post 24365509)

Thanks, doesn't make me any smarter. Maybe I dont understand those company entries?
Are they normal, anything suspicious?
No real contact information (phone number or e-mail)?

Thanks !

@edit: I just managed to get someone on the phone but he seems to speak french only.. it seems like he has a chef/boss who speaks english and I should call in 2 hours. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Nick Graves 10-10-2017 05:30 AM

You probably couldn't be expected to understand UK Companies House entries - they tell you next-to-nothing.

Other than the software house has a sole Chinese-resident director and the previous ones have French-sounding names.

Hence I abridged the info.

arsie 10-10-2017 07:40 AM

If you paid by credit card you have some protection.

Also if you had to go through the Securecode palaver too that indicates a level of care by the retailer who has to implement this added security and sign up for it with Mastercard.

Looks like the Chinese have 'backed into' the company and taken ownership and control from the French guys who may still be around but will take long lunches ;) If the company was originally registered as a software company I guess it could be you will get Chinese copies of Honda parts and perhaps the new owners haven't bothered/yet to update their SICC though strictly I don't think Companies House allow? :shrug:

richmc 10-10-2017 07:58 AM

Shit - sorry rich, I edited instead of reply!!! :LOL:

AquilaEagle 10-10-2017 08:51 AM

If you have to ask.... there's probably a reason.... :(

Nick Graves 10-10-2017 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by arsie (Post 24365702)
If you paid by credit card you have some protection.

Also if you had to go through the Securecode palaver too that indicates a level of care by the retailer who has to implement this added security and sign up for it with Mastercard.

Looks like the Chinese have 'backed into' the company and taken ownership and control from the French guys who may still be around but will take long lunches ;) If the company was originally registered as a software company I guess it could be you will get Chinese copies of Honda parts and perhaps the new owners haven't bothered/yet to update their SICC though strictly I don't think Companies House allow? :shrug:

SIC Codes will normally be updated on the next Annual Return - or Confirmation Statement as they're now called.

zakazak 10-10-2017 10:43 AM

Chinese OEM Exhaust?

Well...we will see. Tried to call again today but still the same guy who doesnt speak english (only french) and his boss is still not around.

Not sure how much security MasterCard gives..from what I know only paypal and american express can secure a buyer.