UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

parts-honda.uk - Real or Fake?

Old 10-10-2017, 03:09 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default parts-honda.uk - Real or Fake?

Hello there,

has anyone ordered from "parts-honda.uk" before? I wonder if they are real or fake as I can't find a contact number or a decent impressum or whatever.

Thanks !
Old 10-10-2017, 04:36 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Looks a bit dodgy to me.

We don't really have a legal requirement for an 'Impressum' or 'AGB' page as such, but they are noticeable by their absence anyway.

Coxa Ltd is a software/web company - the only details given.

Looks like a copy of a US web page - or a global one.

Just because it's a 'front' for a Chinese (or whatever) site doesn't mean it's not genuine. But I'd be suspicious...
Old 10-10-2017, 04:41 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Some company information https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08018614
Old 10-10-2017, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Graves
Looks a bit dodgy to me.

We don't really have a legal requirement for an 'Impressum' or 'AGB' page as such, but they are noticeable by their absence anyway.

Coxa Ltd is a software/web company - the only details given.

Looks like a copy of a US web page - or a global one.

Just because it's a 'front' for a Chinese (or whatever) site doesn't mean it's not genuine. But I'd be suspicious...
Ye I am worried right now. I already ordered and I also wasn't able to pay with Paypal or American Express.
I had to pay with MasterCard + SecureCode 3D but I am not sure if there is any security for me if I just won't get the bought items.

Originally Posted by flanders
Thanks, doesn't make me any smarter. Maybe I dont understand those company entries?
Are they normal, anything suspicious?
No real contact information (phone number or e-mail)?

Thanks !

@edit: I just managed to get someone on the phone but he seems to speak french only.. it seems like he has a chef/boss who speaks english and I should call in 2 hours. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Last edited by zakazak; 10-10-2017 at 05:02 AM.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:30 AM

You probably couldn't be expected to understand UK Companies House entries - they tell you next-to-nothing.

Other than the software house has a sole Chinese-resident director and the previous ones have French-sounding names.

Hence I abridged the info.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:40 AM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

If you paid by credit card you have some protection.

Also if you had to go through the Securecode palaver too that indicates a level of care by the retailer who has to implement this added security and sign up for it with Mastercard.

Looks like the Chinese have 'backed into' the company and taken ownership and control from the French guys who may still be around but will take long lunches If the company was originally registered as a software company I guess it could be you will get Chinese copies of Honda parts and perhaps the new owners haven't bothered/yet to update their SICC though strictly I don't think Companies House allow?

Last edited by arsie; 10-10-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:58 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Shit - sorry rich, I edited instead of reply!!!

Last edited by AquilaEagle; 10-10-2017 at 08:51 AM. Reason: I'm a dick
Old 10-10-2017, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

If you have to ask.... there's probably a reason....
Old 10-10-2017, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by arsie
If you paid by credit card you have some protection.

Also if you had to go through the Securecode palaver too that indicates a level of care by the retailer who has to implement this added security and sign up for it with Mastercard.

Looks like the Chinese have 'backed into' the company and taken ownership and control from the French guys who may still be around but will take long lunches If the company was originally registered as a software company I guess it could be you will get Chinese copies of Honda parts and perhaps the new owners haven't bothered/yet to update their SICC though strictly I don't think Companies House allow?
SIC Codes will normally be updated on the next Annual Return - or Confirmation Statement as they're now called.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:43 AM

Chinese OEM Exhaust?

Well...we will see. Tried to call again today but still the same guy who doesnt speak english (only french) and his boss is still not around.

Not sure how much security MasterCard gives..from what I know only paypal and american express can secure a buyer.

Quick Reply: parts-honda.uk - Real or Fake?