UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

For people that hate waxing/polishing

Old 10-03-2007, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For people that hate waxing/polishing

Bought a few bits from the US the other day including this new wonder miracle sealant called Ultima Paint Guard Plus. The septics have been going loony for it and I have to wonder if it's any cop.

Now in all honesty I don't normally like this kind of stuff, nice carnauba wax does me just right but I thought I'd give it a blast given the wonderful exchange rate. This stuff costs about 35 quid + delivery for a bottle inluding the applicator.

The process is simple, wash car thoroughly spray a little of this stuff on the applicator and smear a section little more on the applicator then smear another section. Took me all in about 5 mins MAX to apply and the results are superb so far. It's also supposed to last a long time as well. Anyway I only have a couple of pics and they aren't all that good because the light was bad and it's now raining.

I can recommend this for all the people who don't like spending alot of time waxing their car. (incidentally I had just polished my car as well so unless your paint is in good nick it wont get the same shine).

Old 10-03-2007, 02:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What you should do is just apply this stuff to part of the front of the car. That way you can see the results side by side, so to speak
Old 10-03-2007, 03:43 AM

The problem with all these wonder sealants (and BTW I'm sure they do work) is that they don't resist the "road film" build up that only a clay bar will remove. So you are still back to clay, polish, glaze or wondersealant (and wax) every 6 months or so.

Still - you pay's your money........

Personally clay -polish, if needed - autoglym ultimate shine - wax every 6 months then monthly wax top up is still my perferred method.

It's nowhere near Tango Mans std but my cars are the shiniest in our road.

As a matter of interest the beater is on a weekly wash / wax regime (triple wax car shampoo) and it still looks better than 80% of cars I compare it to.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:58 AM
B B

Apologies for going off topic & maybe repeating other observations but that exhaust looks non-standard & tasty. I'm sure I can see (!) it makes a nice sporty noise.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:25 PM

Glad to see another Hardtop being used out there
They really do look so much better with one on !
Old 10-03-2007, 03:01 PM

Aldfort it's not that kind of wonder sealant that says you'll never have to wax again just apply x every so often. I would say a claybar every 3 months or so isn't such a bad thing. They also do a paint cleanser that's a fantastic lube and elastofoam brick that's so much easier than using clay but genuinely does the same job.

I know I sound like a bit of an advert but i've been really very impressed with the product. Basically it's like using a wax just much quicker to apply and no buffing!

B B the exhaust came off today and is being boxed up to be shipped off to the person that has bought it and my Berk Decat . Makes a lovely noise!

Airbox being put back in tomorrow to replace the K&N to give to the person I've sold it to . The only thing left on the car to be sold off is the Modifry DCI + harness.

Tintop the weather is still pretty good up here in general and so the top would be off if it hadn't been for the fact that I'm selling the car but I agree the car likes being under a top, preferably of the Mugen persuasion .
Old 10-04-2007, 01:37 AM
Xd

Danny sounds great although I would concur your last point, you need a good base to bring out the best in any wax/sealant. I spend around six hours on each car just getting the paintwork right before I even consider putting anything on top. A wax to me gives the paint depth and takes the hammering rather than your paint; I would expect your product to do the same.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:48 AM

Lee, wish you could see the results. It's really nice although not as nice as Vintage but better than Dodo interested to see how long it lasts.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Boab01,Oct 3 2007, 11:01 PM
Aldfort it's not that kind of wonder sealant that says you'll never have to wax again just apply x every so often. I would say a claybar every 3 months or so isn't such a bad thing. They also do a paint cleanser that's a fantastic lube and elastofoam brick that's so much easier than using clay but genuinely does the same job.
So just an alternative and perhaps easier way to a shiny car.

I'll maybe gice it a try when my current supplies of wax are exhausted.