UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The plot thickens - off to Honda we go !

Old 10-15-2007, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sarren - thanks for your comments mate, fingers crossed everything goes as well as it sounds yeah?

BOZWELL & SimmoS2K - Yeah thats bang on the button, RAC is the company concerned, sorry for the misunderstanding my bad.

Even though i'm still at the waiting stage at this time & the car hasnt actually inspected yet alone fixed yet, i've made sure that the dealership are aware of the situation & they have recieved confirmation from RAC confiming whats been discussed (earlier post) & i'll make sure that i recieve full confimation before anything goes ahead.

So in light of tha, hopefully/fingers crossed everything will go smoothly.

If anyone has any comments/advice or previous experience of a situation like this/similar, then any comments are much appreciated. & as always thanks for the posts so far.

Cheers brent
Old 10-16-2007, 12:59 AM

bump for the morning
Old 10-16-2007, 01:40 AM

Best of luck. I'll assume I won't see you this weekend unless I hear from you.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:54 AM

Hey Aldfort,

well hopefully as they are only doing an inspection i'll have the car back on Thursday night & aslong as they are happy with me driving it back to Wales was still going to come bac.

Only thing is may change a meet up til late morning on the saturday instead of lunch time?

As i depending on thursdays results, i may change the gearbox & clutch fluid sat afternoon.

This ok with you?
Old 10-16-2007, 02:23 AM

So far so good then from the RAC. You pay them for the inspection and peace of mind if they miss something that they will pay to get it fixed.

Hope it all works out, if it does a big thumbs up for RAC then.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:25 AM

"So far so good then from the RAC. You pay them for the inspection and peace of mind if they miss something that they will pay to get it fixed."

Well in theory i believe thats whats going to happen, fingers crossed hey.

& yeah agreed if they do admit the mistake & pay for the repairs, defo a big thumbs up to the RAC - if not then ..............
Old 10-16-2007, 08:33 AM

Ok everyone got a question:

Depending on what comes out of thursday, i might do a mass fluids change on the weekend. I've tried to do some searching using the search tool & looked through the FAQ, but i see to just get loads of results with many different recommendations/arguements.

I'm looking to change the clutch/brake fluid & the gearbox oil. (hoping to help with my notchy gears & believe thats all the fluids concerned should cover them all - as in dont need to do diff oil & engine oil done recently at service)

Could someone point me in the direction of a "How to" & also give me some ideas as to what fluids to buy, where from & how much.

Plus are these tough jobs or is it recommended to get them done by the dealer?

Cheers brent

Car is an '02 with just over 46k
Old 10-16-2007, 08:48 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by taffyb,Oct 16 2007, 04:33 PM
I'm looking to change the clutch/brake fluid & the gearbox oil. (hoping to help with my notchy gears & believe thats all the fluids concerned should cover them all - as in dont need to do diff oil & engine oil done recently at service)

Could someone point me in the direction of a "How to" & also give me some ideas as to what fluids to buy, where from & how much.

Plus are these tough jobs or is it recommended to get them done by the dealer?

Cheers brent

Car is an '02 with just over 46k
The gearbox oil is quite easy to do, im sure there is a tutorial on the yanks forum - i tried searching but i havent got much time today.

The brake fulid is a little more difficult, but theres loads of folks that will be able to help you with both,

Sorry im not much help but im short on time, look on the yanks forum, IIRC its billman tutorials.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:48 AM

It's going into the garage at somebody elses expense. I'd ask the garage if you supply the fluids will they change them for you. additional cost is likely to be small and I expect they will want to look at g/box oil anyway.

Correct grade of fluids is all in the manual. After that it's personal choice on the brand. In general the better the brand the higher the cost. Synthetics tend to cost more than semi synthetics. for G/box a lot of folks say Motul fluids but my box works just fine with whatever Honda put in it.