UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Possibly Breaking?

Old 11-01-2017, 03:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know i shouldn't have to break it on this mileage. i don't particularly think £5k ono is expensive for a car on 111K without having an 66K engine, i don't want to break it and don't really have the time, But if it comes to it then i will

I Agree, the sill isn't in the greatest of condition, and part of me does want to as you say want to grind it down and spray it back up, as i know it should look decent with having the lines there. but i don't want to Hide anything ideally

Thanks again for the input!
Old 11-01-2017, 05:51 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Also factor in your time-wasted in terms of a number of low-ballers seeking a better bargain, and whether you can be bothered to cost up postage abroad. If you’re cool with it you should be quids in.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:23 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgeychris
I am a piad member, i have the car for sale in the correct section. im not breaking it as of yet just want to see if it is worth it and if prices seem correct
My sincere apologies carry on!
Old 11-01-2017, 02:50 PM

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Only worth breaking if you secure a sale on the engine as that's your main pot of cash, once that's sold then the other bits will sell quite easily as long as you don't do what most the other sellers do and over price stuff then have the parts kicking around due to greediness.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:21 AM

Yeah, I wouldn’t advertise breaking it until I have secured the sale on the engine.

I have broke a few cars in the past, mainly defenders so I know what people can be like and I’m not one to be greedy

ill lower the price to £4500 for a couple of days I think and if no more interest it will be being broke
Old 11-02-2017, 06:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RobinA3
as long as you don't do what most the other sellers do and over price stuff then have the parts kicking around due to greediness.
In fairness alot of parts will kick around regardless as you're essentially waiting for someones car to break thus requiring one of the parts

Broke my old R32 GTR for spares and the amount of chancers got old fast, also had at least one item stolen by someone collecting other parts (no idea who/when but just that a couple of high-ish value small bits disappeared at some point). That said on that car I got approx 3x the value of the car back (and still have some parts in the loft etc)
Old 11-02-2017, 06:53 AM

Luckily its not the run of the mill car and some part dont come up that often, i know what your saying though i still have parts left over from 2 different defenders, an EK4 civic and a mk3 ibiza Cupra lol
Old 11-02-2017, 07:01 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Its also worth factoring in the time spent taking everything apart, and the space required to do so, as well as scrapping what's left.

Then you have to deal with the hassle of buying and selling - I've heard some real horror stories about the kind of people you often have to deal with.

As Nick says, the rusty bits will put off a lot of buyers. Get those sorted (along with some wheel centre caps, remove the purple crap under the bonnet, swap a standard exhaust, and fix the ABS sensor) and I think you'll sell the car easily enough. If you don't want to do all of that, then you'll have to ask for less money, or break it.

I guess it's probably less hassle to fix that stuff than to break it.
All true.

IME you will sell a few bits instantly and be stuck with loads of others for ages or forever

And don't underestimate how long it will take to dismantle everything or recognise that a car in pieces takes up the space of two cars at least

I think you'd be better off trimming the price as you've suggested
Old 11-03-2017, 07:05 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is this the one that is advertised on a few of the S2000 Facebook pages? If so, I'd be amazed if someone doesn't bite your hand off if you are going to lower the price to £4.5k as I think I have seen it for approx £5.5k if it's the same car. I'd be tempted to lower it to £5k first as people are always going to try to knock you down further.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:42 PM

Received 343 Likes on 320 Posts

Maybe worth adding a location in your advert

Quick Reply: Possibly Breaking?