UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Pussy Cat build,

Old 09-27-2011, 11:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kitesurfer s2000
My 255 r888 got 300whp down in the damp, your going to need 275s and boost by gear, every gear will be the same :-)
I was thinking r888,with the greatest respect Razzele seems to be a bit of a nutter,I'll see what he thinks,but keep it coming anyway,I am all ears.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:24 AM

Kite I've still got your number I will give you a call when things start to move.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:25 AM

Received 122 Likes on 106 Posts

Triple 8's are hard to beat
Old 09-27-2011, 12:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Happy to lend a hand in anyway I can! If you're not far I can probably spend some time and pop by to help out :]

Either way let me know - looking forward to see what you're going to produce!

Old 09-27-2011, 12:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool no probs i whant to know what your doing with the rear end,half shafts are the weak link,ive killed 3 .Then the finial drive,lsd (cusco for me) gearbox.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Joeh
Happy to lend a hand in anyway I can! If you're not far I can probably spend some time and pop by to help out :]

Either way let me know - looking forward to see what you're going to produce!

Thanks very much for the offer joeh,I live in stoke unfortunatly I am a bit of a billy no mates as I work away all week and only get home at weekends.Last winter I managed to bleed the new brakes myself(wife was watching Cori/dale/enders/master chef or whatever)and also with the car on stands managed to put the diff on,on my own.I used to be able to bench 70kgs but boy did I maul with that little diff.Every other job I managed Ok,the supercharger took around 2 days to fit.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kitesurfer s2000
Cool no probs i whant to know what your doing with the rear end,half shafts are the weak link,ive killed 3 .Then the finial drive,lsd (cusco for me) gearbox.
I think what I will do initially is set the power to the clutch(a competition clutch stage 2)so around 500 whp.At the moment I have a Gear-x 3.9 diff so that is Ok for a while but the diff casing is the weak link.I dont do drag starts and I would like to bed the engine/turbo in whilst I save the money for some sturdy drivetrain parts.
Its the first ive heard of shafts breaking but it doesnt suprise me.Looking at the rear end for some heavy duty stuff is around $6000,Perhaps Fernando has got something lying around I could bolt to my car If I need to drag race it to sell his parts The quaife looks very tempting but its a lot of money
I think the first job is to get the blower attached and set up,then we can see where we go from there.I know Phils2k was running some big hp on stock parts,but a gearbox exploding and damaging my manhood isnt something I really want to happen
Old 09-27-2011, 10:48 PM

My car comes off the road at the and of the week for winter and for upgrades but I have already had my first glitch.Because I have cartoon sized wheels with a dodgy offset(et38x9.5x18)I have decided to fit Shine rear over fenders with bumper extensions and have them blended in and painted before it comes off the road.The bumper bits dont fit,presumably they are for an AP1(before any body says anything they are American)Dixon tells me they are the only ones they make Sorry Dixon I cant believe that with all the cars made after 2004 they have to bodge the bits to fit the later model.
The other parts Ive got are 25 mm wider front wings,and a Mugen vented bonnet.The reason Ive gone for the vented bonnet is that I have a Full Password JDM undertray and rear diffuser,and with it fitted I cant see how the hot air can get out of the engine bay(what do you think Mark,MB)All these bits including the carbon inserts in the front wings, and bonnet will be painted the car colour(Red).So apart from the Carlos Vandango wheels the car will look basically stock.
I can add pics of these bits hanging up on my garage floor if anybody wants me to.I will take a couple of the rear arches painted when I get the car back at the weekend.
A couple of pics from my iphone of the car just after I had it and now
Old 09-27-2011, 11:10 PM

In for more pics :-). Need to match the clutch to the TQ you will be running otherwise you will be getting tuned twice £££.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by mr-pitts
Originally Posted by Kitesurfer s2000' timestamp='1317150571' post='21012081
My 255 r888 got 300whp down in the damp, your going to need 275s and boost by gear, every gear will be the same :-)
I was thinking r888,with the greatest respect Razzele seems to be a bit of a nutter,I'll see what he thinks,but keep it coming anyway,I am all ears.
Who me?

Originally Posted by s2k4tony
Triple 8's are hard to beat
Ive never struggled for straight line traction even with 3 degrees negative camber using these tyres though I dont have a 5-600bhp torque monster engine! Id say 255s on a warm day will squirm under acceleration but should still be driveable if a little 'entertaining'.

Quick Reply: Pussy Cat build,