S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   Question: BMWChop Spoiler (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/question-bmwchop-spoiler-1188764/)

ValveBounce 10-08-2018 11:28 AM

Question: BMWChop Spoiler

I’m considering getting a boot spoiler for my S2000 and one from BMWChop seems to be the only sensible choice. However, I’ve done a bit of searching of other relevant posts and I have a question still outstanding that I haven’t got a definitive answer for:

How heavy is the spoiler? Or, if I ask it another way, does the boot lid still spring up slightly when the catch is released by the boot release push button or key-fob?

The OEM spoiler kit came with stronger boot springs to compensate for the extra weight (and a dedicated spring fitting tool), does the BMWChop spoiler need stronger springs (and where do you get them from), or not?

Grateful for any insight.

Nottm_S2 10-08-2018 11:32 AM

The boot still pops on mine but needs more assistance to open fully. Never been an issue for me.

MrM 10-09-2018 04:08 AM

When you buy the OEM Honda rear spoiler it comes with new (stiffer) boot springs to offset the additional weight of the spoiler.

har-vey 10-09-2018 06:29 AM

when i had the bmw chop spoiler installed, as Nottm stated the boot popped up but on occasions would require slight assistance towards the top. The spoiler is actually very light and very well made. Once installed you honestly will struggle to know it was not OEM.

shari7 10-10-2018 01:44 AM

Ive gt one on mine too and the color match was spot on. My boot does pop but only slightly. I actually need a new one after 5 years as the paint is started to flake on it. Not bad for £70.

s2000_f20 10-10-2018 06:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I just bought the spoiler from BMWchop last month.
Fully fitted.

I can confirm that with the weight of the spoiler on the boot lid, it doesn't lift up as far as before (without spoiler).
However with the spoiler, it does pop up and clears the catch.

It is not a major issue and you will probably won't even notice the difference.
The spoiler does act as a lever to help lift the boot lid up.

Delivery was within 2 days (impressive) and no customs duty was charged.
The seller was excellent. I can see why so many of us on here have bought it.

The quality was very impressive and the colour match was excellent.
I really cannot fault it and it is probably one of the best bargain buys for the s2000.

I had a 15% of voucher at the time from ebay so used it towards the purchase so worked out to be £58.65 posted. lol

I didn't use the supplied double sided tape and would recommend getting genuine 3M double sided automotive tape.

Although that's entirely up to you.

Attachment 152447

Attachment 152448

Hope it helps

markforrester99 10-10-2018 08:59 AM

On a side note i have had mine about 5 years now and the laquar has started to react and has lots of dimples coming through. Its not easy to see by eye and 5 years isnt bad for such a cheap item!

har-vey 10-10-2018 09:18 AM

For reference i used the supplied tape and it was a bugger to remove so its actually surprisingly good tape

unclefester 10-10-2018 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by markforrester99 (Post 24520599)
On a side note i have had mine about 5 years now and the laquar has started to react and has lots of dimples coming through. Its not easy to see by eye and 5 years isnt bad for such a cheap item!

Mine too - think the strong summer sun has finally done for it but i'm really not that fussed and it's simple enough to remove and respray

martin j 10-10-2018 12:10 PM

Have this company done the matching front spoiler? Something rings a bell about the name but I don’t remember any feedback.