UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Replacement lower Front arms

Old 02-01-2017, 12:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replacement lower Front arms

Has anyone Purchased complete front arms rather than replace the compliance bushes?

Ive seen these: Honda S2000 AP11 LH Front Lower Control Arm

and these on ebay: JAPANPARTS Genuine Original Track Control Arm Wishbone BS-457R

Whats Everyones thoughts?
Old 02-01-2017, 12:57 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

My thought is why?

you'll still likely need to cut them out, the mugen compliance bushes are about this price so you're not saving anything overall and swapping a Honda part for unknown?

its not a nightmare job but the bolts make it pricey
Old 02-01-2017, 12:59 AM

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

For that pricepoint I would guess that they are the same quality - the first link was recommended on this forum a few months back. Shame they don't do rear arms....
Old 02-01-2017, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
My thought is why?

you'll still likely need to cut them out, the mugen compliance bushes are about this price so you're not saving anything overall and swapping a Honda part for unknown?

its not a nightmare job but the bolts make it pricey
I have no access to a press and as i need my car for work i would rather just buy all new hardware and swap it all out. Plus im sure the other bushes in the arms wouldnt suffer from being replaced either as they are 14 years old. So if i can get whole arms for the same price i might aswell do that.

As for the Bolts and hardware ive found a few places to get them cheaper online.

Originally Posted by nomadicS2k
For that pricepoint I would guess that they are the same quality - the first link was recommended on this forum a few months back. Shame they don't do rear arms....
I cant see them being any different from OEM either or they wouldnt beable to sell them, but do you know what was said about them on this forum?
Old 02-01-2017, 01:33 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

I am the one who recommended these last year.
I have been running them for about 6 months now and have been spot on, same quality as OEM. Replace all 4 front wishbones
The following users liked this post:
UK Paul (05-02-2017)
Old 02-01-2017, 01:47 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by chrome233
i would rather just buy all new hardware and swap it all out....
Emmm depending on what is seized you may have a hard time just removing them, worst case scenario is you have to cut out both bushes and the drop links. No harm in trying the spurious arms but generally they don't last as long as OEM, they'd probably last the length of time you have the car though.

Last edited by Irish TuneR; 02-02-2017 at 01:32 AM.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:15 AM

You have to buy all new bolts as i had to cut them all out with a sabre saw... Go see Si, he will sort you out!
Old 02-01-2017, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by johnckeen
You have to buy all new bolts as i had to cut them all out with a sabre saw... Go see Si, he will sort you out!

Do you know how much Si charges? because I can get The Bolts, Cam Sleeve Bolts and the Lock nuts for both sides for £78 delivered from america. Where as tegiwa charges almost double for all of them :S

Originally Posted by Irish TuneR
Emmm depending on what is seized you may have a hard time just removing them, worst case scenario is you have to cut out both bushes and the drop links. No arm in trying the spurious arms but generally they dont last as long, they'd probably last the length of time you have the car though.
Yeah i cannot adjust the Caster alignment on the drivers side so that will most defintely need to be cut out -_-

Originally Posted by johnckeen
I am the one who recommended these last year.
I have been running them for about 6 months now and have been spot on, same quality as OEM. Replace all 4 front wishbones
I think those arms are out of stock at the minute so i may just try the Ebay Ones
Old 02-01-2017, 03:43 AM

Phone them up, they will be able to get them for you, it always shows out of stock.
I cant find the invoice but Si will be able to help. Be aware you will be charged import tax on those bolts but you may get lucky!

I bought all the bolts and washers needed to replace everything on the arm, not just the caster bolts and adjuster nuts..

FYI caster nuts and pretty pointless replacing unless you cant get the bolt undone in the first place as you need to drop the sub frame to get them out. I left the old ones in, i still have the new ones if your interested, will have to dig them out.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:29 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

I think the mugen bushes were abou £100 and the bolts £100 per side for that bush iirc. Needed mine for MOT

You can check UK prices on Lings, Si can beat them but not by loads i guess

Quick Reply: Replacement lower Front arms