UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Rigid collars

Old 05-29-2015, 12:24 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by CynicG
Originally Posted by Burn! Motorsport
There are plenty of people on here with cast iron opinions without even trying the product. Here is a review from an s2000 owner we received this morning. We have never had a disappointed customer. We have never had a set returned. You can order them through http://www.burnmotorsport.com/ Here is the members discount code L0£50C1AL
A point well made. I imagine the grammar police will be along soon to comment that your customer would better spend their cash on English lessons.
Indeed a point well made, by the company that sells them, Daytona Dave's comment says more, and by someone who has English as their mother tongue. If that's the best positive comment they can post up I'm not impressed. This isn't a "grammar police" comment you can't comment on what you can't actually read and make sense of.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikey k
Daytona-Dave has no experience?
I didn't say that it even suggest it.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:49 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by richmc
Originally Posted by CynicG' timestamp='1432886043' post='23628764
There are plenty of people on here with cast iron opinions without even trying the product. Here is a review from an s2000 owner we received this morning. We have never had a disappointed customer. We have never had a set returned. You can order them through http://www.burnmotorsport.com/ Here is the members discount code L0£50C1AL
A point well made. I imagine the grammar police will be along soon to comment that your customer would better spend their cash on English lessons.
Indeed a point well made, by the company that sells them, Daytona Dave's comment says more, and by someone who has English as their mother tongue. If that's the best positive comment they can post up I'm not impressed. This isn't a "grammar police" comment you can't comment on what you can't actually read and make sense of.
Lighten up people. Burn are 'a' company that sells them, off course there is a bias, (and a bit of trading on the general forum too)

I didn't read those comments as specifically dismissing Daytona Dave, but see how that conclusion was formed. I agree that the testimonial presented wasn't the best choice, hence my post. Actually I'm still laughing! Not sure ethinicity has much relevance though. The author could just be a total moron...!

What's more impressive is the Grammar Police respones time. That's quicker than dialling 999.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Burn! Motorsport will obviously stand by their products and promote them as best as they can, after all that is their business.

As for the rigid subframe collars, yes I am sure they make a difference IF you car is heavily track focused. As for my daily drive, I feel they are a gimmick / fad much like the new apple watch. Yes it may be new and shiney and have some form of "function" but in reality we all somehow managed to live without it.

As for that happy customer, he is blatantly foreign and his English is on par with mine. At least he bothered to contact Burn! and let them know how he was getting on, if anything this represents their good Customer Service.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:32 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Just to clear up a few point's at no point have i ever said don't fit them Burn have some very good products, people can spend their money on whatever products they wish
, The OP asked for an opinion on if they were worth it I gave mine based on reality, as to other opinions then MB's would be valid as he use's them for the purpose that they were intended for, No one will ever get close to race conditions on the road or a track day, they were designed for the conditions of Motorsport, if folk wish to fit them that's fine everyone likes a bit of bling but these will not improve your handling , if we were talking the collars that fit around the engine mounts or diff mounts that's totally different as these are designed to stiffen up rubber bushes, the subframe is solid mounted metal to metal and if your bolts are tight won't go anywhere
Old 05-29-2015, 01:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikey k
Daytona-Dave has no experience?
I didn't say that it even suggest it.
No? he just happened to be the most cast iron opinion against your advice
Old 05-29-2015, 02:57 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by CynicG
What's more impressive is the Grammar Police respones time. That's quicker than dialling 999.
I carefully posted it's NOT a grammar police response, and if you are not impressed with the "999" response just try "111" for medical advice, it may not be an emergency but you could die of old age waiting to be put through!
Old 05-29-2015, 03:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave
Just to clear up a few point's at no point have i ever said don't fit them Burn have some very good products, people can spend their money on whatever products they wish
, The OP asked for an opinion on if they were worth it I gave mine based on reality, as to other opinions then MB's would be valid as he use's them for the purpose that they were intended for, No one will ever get close to race conditions on the road or a track day, they were designed for the conditions of Motorsport, if folk wish to fit them that's fine everyone likes a bit of bling but these will not improve your handling , if we were talking the collars that fit around the engine mounts or diff mounts that's totally different as these are designed to stiffen up rubber bushes, the subframe is solid mounted metal to metal and if your bolts are tight won't go anywhere

I think this may have been blown out of the water.

But anyway, have a Game of Thrones meme:

Old 05-29-2015, 03:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got them on mine, if the question you are asking is do the benefits outweigh the work involved in fitting them then my answer would be no.As Daytona Dave says if your running slicks and the car is just a track car then maybe you would notice a difference but on a road car even driven hard won't get near putting the strain on them.

I put them on mine because the subframes were off being powder coated and I was sitting with my thumbs up my ass looking for something to do.Have I noticed a difference?.....nah! Not a jot.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:57 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefifth

I was only put on this earth to annoy folk

Quick Reply: Rigid collars