Running the car on axel stands - Page 2 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Running the car on axel stands

Old 02-11-2018, 11:57 AM
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Isle of Man
Posts: 2,586
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

and storing on wheels deforms the tyres Maybe store on stands with wheels off and hubs supported?
Mans Best is offline  
Old 02-11-2018, 11:50 PM
  #12  
UK Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Herts
Posts: 23,810
Thanked 78 Times in 76 Posts
Default

I picked up some tyre savers/cradles from another member here: https://www.manomano.co.uk/wheel-cho...oppers-1647545 and also over inflate the tyres whilst it's SORN.
lovegroova is online now  
Old 02-12-2018, 04:40 AM
  #13  
 
Daytona-Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,800
Thanked 44 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by lovegroova View Post
I picked up some tyre savers/cradles from another member here: https://www.manomano.co.uk/wheel-cho...oppers-1647545 and also over inflate the tyres whilst it's SORN.
This is the correct way to do it, if you haven't got the cradles then a few extra pounds will do as it would have to stand for a very long time with low pressure to misshape a tyre
Daytona-Dave is offline  
Old 02-12-2018, 05:35 AM
  #14  
UK Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Herts
Posts: 23,810
Thanked 78 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave View Post
This is the correct way to do it, if you haven't got the cradles then a few extra pounds will do as it would have to stand for a very long time with low pressure to misshape a tyre
Good to know, thanks!
lovegroova is online now  
Old 02-12-2018, 06:19 AM
  #15  
 
Nottm_S2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 19,041
Thanked 48 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave View Post
This is the correct way to do it, if you haven't got the cradles then a few extra pounds will do as it would have to stand for a very long time with low pressure to misshape a tyre
Nah the correct way is to drive it
Nottm_S2 is online now  
Old 02-12-2018, 06:55 AM
  #16  
 
Daytona-Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,800
Thanked 44 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2 View Post
Nah the correct way is to drive it
This is also quite true, except for the fair weather drivers
Daytona-Dave is offline  
Old 02-12-2018, 08:13 AM
  #17  
UK Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Herts
Posts: 23,810
Thanked 78 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2 View Post
Nah the correct way is to drive it
Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave View Post
This is also quite true, except for the fair weather drivers
Have a look at the arches of my old car to see the effects of driving it through the winter...
lovegroova is online now  
Old 02-12-2018, 10:31 AM
  #18  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 421
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mans Best View Post
and storing on wheels deforms the tyres Maybe store on stands with wheels off and hubs supported?
i would rather replace tyres than ruin the bushes and rust the exposed shock shafts...

Also my other s2000 has been stored for 2 years now and is driven only twice a year and tyres always 'round back up' once warm..
miloking is offline  
Old 02-12-2018, 11:05 AM
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Isle of Man
Posts: 2,586
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Absolutely correct
Mans Best is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Smudge291
UK & Ireland S2000 Community
6
02-15-2018 05:06 AM
TJ01s
S2000 Under The Hood
7
09-28-2009 10:20 PM
jfo
S2000 Talk
12
12-09-2004 08:29 PM


Quick Reply: Running the car on axel stands


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands