UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S2000 2002 model

Old 10-01-2001, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks often for the web address!

I was living in Japan for about two years and saw quite a few S2ks but the majority of them were Mugen models which looked quite amazing!

And the price in Japan is so cheap! I remember it being about 3.4 million which works out to be about
Old 10-01-2001, 02:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cars source in UK countries do indeed come with a 3 yr, 60k warrantee, but..........do remember to notify (through your local friendly Honda dealer) Honda UK. Nobody I spoke to during the purchase of my car (ultimately sourced in France) mentioned this little necessity - the car must be registered with Honda UK. There is an added bonus to this process - I asked for a UK service book (as opposed the the one in French that, not unsurprisingly, came with the car), and to my amazement - a nice British one was sent to me by return post.

Ian
Old 10-01-2001, 03:15 AM

Good question, I ordered an s2000 a few months back which was then the 2001 model. I am now getting the 2002 model but they are a bit unsure on the price. Phoning the Belgium dealer this afternoon for an update on the possible price increase and most importantly LEAD TIME!

Often.
Old 10-01-2001, 05:51 AM

Often,

Are arranging to pick up the car yourself or are you having it delivered to the UK? Is it quite troblesome to have it imported yourself? What paperwork is involved?

Could you please post the details of the car and the price and which dealer you are getting it through - I'll probably be a copy cat if the pricing is better than Snoop!

Thanks
Old 10-01-2001, 06:40 AM

Belgian prices:

MY 2001: 26,764 euro
MY 2002: 28,843 euro

Snoop were
Old 10-01-2001, 10:37 AM

Just to muddy the waters evn more I have heard a rumour that Jordan may be releasin a badged and tuned S2000 next year.

Keep well
Peter
Old 10-01-2001, 12:05 PM

NEED4SPEED,

http://www.alliancecarimports.co.uk

Originally paid 29,700 base, ordered skirting and spoiler and front which added about 1,400. They gave me a discount of over 1000 but I am a bit cynical as I reckon they maybe charged a little more to begin with. They itemise everything and dont ask for the VAT upfront making the car seem cheaper when you get it.
They were cheap on the delivery but I am sure if you arrange this yourself you will save a good amount more. I am getting the car delivered to a secure site in Dover, (so they say) only 40 min drive to Dover for me so it seemed more cost effective to drag someone else along to drive the old car back.

To be honest, the car importers like Alliance dont do an awful lot for their money. However, I personally dont want any unanticipated hassle and hopefully these importers have seen it all before and will handle any problems that crop up.

The biggest thing with Alliance was recomendation, the fact that I had actually spoken to people at work who bought imported cars from them (2 TT's) and they said that they had no problems at all. Fingers crossed on this one then.

Biggest headache I have had (and expect to have) is working out the totally illogical insurance companies who refuse to recognise the car as a UK spec machine. I would not go on about it but saving 600 quid on insurance is a big motivator.

One final point to mention is the fact that the original expectation of saving a great deal on importing was dilluted somewhat with the on going costs that have, will and may mount up. i.e. extra costs on the actual importers price at time of order, insurance costs over UK (with some companies) and the possible lesser re-sale value of an imported vehicle. You still make a saving (which is the idea) but just not as much as expected....at least not for me.

Often.

P.S. try www.hifx.co.uk to secure the euros and use www.xe.com/ucc/ to keep an eye on the price.

oh yeah, and get a thatcham 1 alarm...I'm getting Clifford 600.
Old 10-01-2001, 12:17 PM

Interesting.
So from order to delivery - how long?
Old 10-01-2001, 01:09 PM

They said 5 months from deposit recieved to taking delivery. I ordered on 1st August, delivery date to dealer confirmed after 4 months (3 weeks before dealer gets the car). Last week to 10 days after final payment expect to collect the car in the UK.

But with Christmas not being classed as a full production month and the expected change over time from '01 to '02 model I have been told to expect to get hold of the car in the middle of Jan.
Not too sad....I can wait...I think!

Often.
Old 10-01-2001, 01:13 PM

Many thx.
Need to find out what local dealer says about the 2002 model lead time.

Quick Reply: S2000 2002 model