UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S2000 Modifications

Old 02-05-2019, 07:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think i will take it to centre of gravity
Old 02-05-2019, 07:08 AM

To be honest, i just wanted to fill the arches a bit better and the car to look better so mainly aesthetics. A more composed ride over stock suspension would be a bonus. So i guess, springs are a better choice given my budget - which springs are good for the s2000 then? Besides the miesters you mentioned. Thanks again
Old 02-05-2019, 07:09 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Fahad93
i was thinking of 38mm with the stock cat. what do you reckon?
For the exhaust mod? I've got a 32mm (ID) - sounds great
The following users liked this post:
Fahad93 (02-05-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 08:41 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

You will probably just ruin the ride if you just change springs. I did a lot of research when I was buying coilovers and Bilstein PSS should be as comfy as oem and in your budget.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by _valtsu_
You will probably just ruin the ride if you just change springs. I did a lot of research when I was buying coilovers and Bilstein PSS should be as comfy as oem and in your budget.
yeah iv seen some bilsteins pss for around £850
Old 02-06-2019, 02:25 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

The PSS are not as comfortable as OEM, you need the PSS9 for that.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just FTR, Koni do a kit for the S2K with adjustable dampers (yellow) and H&R lowering springs (25mm) which I bought new for around £450 + fitting. I purchased as I thought I had a failing shock and decided that at 140k+, the old ones were most likely past their best. That said, looks like they are a bit more expensive now - I got mine from a friend whom works at Ferrari and got me a direct trade price
Very happy with the look. Ride is firmer than stock on their firmest, but I believe on their softest they are around stock. A little crashy, but I use my car daily and have no issues with comfort overall.

If they are good enough for Ferrari, they are good enough for my Honda

https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/chea...1140-4171.html

KONI | Sport Kit

Edit;
Seems the US get Eibach springs. I got H&R.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by champion_hero
Just FTR, Koni do a kit for the S2K with adjustable dampers (yellow) and H&R lowering springs (25mm) which I bought new for around £450 + fitting. I purchased as I thought I had a failing shock and decided that at 140k+, the old ones were most likely past their best. That said, looks like they are a bit more expensive now - I got mine from a friend whom works at Ferrari and got me a direct trade price
Very happy with the look. Ride is firmer than stock on their firmest, but I believe on their softest they are around stock. A little crashy, but I use my car daily and have no issues with comfort overall.

If they are good enough for Ferrari, they are good enough for my Honda

https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/chea...1140-4171.html

KONI | Sport Kit

Edit;
Seems the US get Eibach springs. I got H&S.
Thanks for the link! Is 25mm a bit to low do you think? i wanted to improve the stance aesthetically.... and i was thinking would 25mm drop make the wheels sink into the arches to much? BC coilovers are in my budget aswell - any opinions on this?
Old 02-07-2019, 01:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have any problem with rubbing etc - ramps and speed bumps are the only real threat - Slow and easy and I'm fine. Judge the ramps accordingly. The front flappy things do catch etc (I've lost one but haven't even noticed a difference ) Personally, I think it looks great and is just the right amount of low. Oddly, the 16"'s look like they fill the fronts more. The 17"'s appear to have settle a bit now (this was taken after getting them fitted)

Apologies for the crap quality- my phone camera is busted

Summer wheels. 17"

Winter Wheels - 16"
Old 02-07-2019, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by champion_hero
I don't have any problem with rubbing etc - ramps and speed bumps are the only real threat - Slow and easy and I'm fine. Judge the ramps accordingly. The front flappy things do catch etc (I've lost one but haven't even noticed a difference ) Personally, I think it looks great and is just the right amount of low. Oddly, the 16"'s look like they fill the fronts more. The 17"'s appear to have settle a bit now (this was taken after getting them fitted)

Apologies for the crap quality- my phone camera is busted

Summer wheels. 17"

Winter Wheels - 16"

yeah looks great! and its low enough..

Quick Reply: S2000 Modifications