S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   S2000 Quotes (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/s2000-quotes-272135/)

AquilaEagle 02-27-2005 01:52 PM

S2000 Quotes

I've collected a few since my time here... What's your fave (S2000) quote by someone, famous or otherwise?

Here's some....

"So off you'll got o buy yourself a Porsche Boxster or BMW Z4. They're very nice, I'm sure. Just remember that when I come up behiond you in the S2000, flashing my lights, you should get out of the way. And Don't bother hurling abuse because (a) I'll be having too much fun to care and (b) above the sound of that VTEC engine, I won't hear you."
JC - Sunday TimesGood Car Bad Car 14th March 2004

"The S2000 on the other hand is a car that was created for the single purpose of
socially irresponsible driving, a dream car for the true enthusiast." - S2000 vs
TT225 Automotive-review.com

"A masterpiece, Forget what anyone tells you about Boxsters, Z4s and SLKs - they're all girls cars. This is a real man's plaything, with 9000rpm on the rev counter, a race-car inspired chassis and no traction control to speak of. Marvellous." Jeremy Clarkson
- JC

Top Gear Magazine, June 2001: "A proper sports car for people who know how to drive"

'One day when we are all in cars that ride on safety rails, we will look back on this time as one of the greatest ever. I wouldn't trade it for anything' Anon

"if you have the hood up, the storm outside better have a name" Anon

Hey come on....now wtf is going on here. First Coxy gets a g-string chucked at him on the M6, now Boy Wonder and a pair of lips stuck on his rear end. Come on bints.....what the :spam: is going on. I DEMAND a bitch to give me some vehicular attention. - cheshire_carper

Ruckus 02-27-2005 02:07 PM

" Is this for that BMW Z8 ? "

When asking for a quote on tyres in a local dealer.

"Is this the new baby TVR"

Salesman in a tile shop

"WOW LOOK its a FCUKING Honda S2000 ! there quicker than a Skyline they are!"

Local Chav's outside my hairdressers ... last Saterday

P 1 02-27-2005 02:19 PM

I've just recently adopted a rolling programme of favourite quotes in my sig :D

So far:

"Above 6000, no more nice little Honda. The VTEC cams switch to HP max, and the sound hardens to combat steel and you're in the full Formula 1 mode, hell-bent on a grid position at Monte Carlo. Default to fighting reflexes. Lead the arcing yellow as you would a low-flying clay. Don't wait for it to touch the nine-grand redline; you'll be into the rev limiter. Pull. Snick! Push. Snick! Pull. Snick! Check the mirrors for flashing lights! Whew. How long can you keep living like this?" (Patrick Bedard. August 2003).

Currently:
"As the engine continues to wrap upwards towards 9,000, the snarling engine and exhaust plumb into your gut and buzz up to your brain. Take the sound of an Integra GS-R engine, add some Honda CBR 900RR motorcycle and a dash of Jordan/Mugen Formula One race car, and you have something close to the sound the S2000. It's a feeling that you're getting away with something truly special." (Brent Romans. April 2002)

Next:
"Once it reaches 5,000 RPM or so, the S2000 lunges forward like a virtual rocket, its engine screaming passionately through each step of the close-ratio six-speed gearbox. As if acceleration prowess weren't enough, razor-sharp steering, disciplined handling talents and athletic cornering ability blend with excellent braking capacity to produce a driving experience that approaches racing car level." (cars.com)

P 1 02-27-2005 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Feb 27 2005, 10:52 PM
"if you have the hood up, the storm outside better have a name" Anon

This was from thecarconnection.com

another "storm" quote:
"Visualize that you have saddled a storm.." Autopilot (Russia)

Neil.H 02-27-2005 02:37 PM

"An automotive love affair"

P 1 02-27-2005 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ruckus,Feb 27 2005, 11:07 PM
"WOW LOOK its a FCUKING Honda S2000 ! there quicker than a Skyline they are!"

Local Chav's outside my hairdressers ... last Saterday

You parked your S outside a hairdressers ???!!!! http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Rumour.gif

Beardie 02-27-2005 03:03 PM

My favourite quote is by a very famous S2Ki-er.... Neil.H

"Live fast, die young, and leave a big fat corpse" :bow:

I live my life by this mantra :D

Blurter 02-27-2005 10:22 PM

I think that line is from the film True Romance :thumbup:

Bada Bing! 02-28-2005 12:57 AM

The True Romance quote ends with "leave a good looking corpse", as in dieing young. I have to say it looks like I'll be living by that mantra personally. :p

My favourite quote is from a mate when I gave him a shot on day of delivery:[QUOTE]F*ck me it's like the ultimate driving machine.

Neil.H 02-28-2005 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Beardie,Feb 28 2005, 12:03 AM
My favourite quote is by a very famous S2Ki-er.... Neil.H

"Live fast, die young, and leave a big fat corpse" :bow:

I live my life by this mantra :D

:D :thumbup: