UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Leggy Rita turned up on Monday

Old 07-19-2017, 11:31 PM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Leggy Rita turned up on Monday

I have being looking for a spare set of wheels for some time for the sprinting and hillclimbs and as everyone knows there isn't a massive choice in the correct size's, offsets require arch rolling or extensions or if they are the correct size then then tend to be big dollar, the things i had to consider were

lightness,
strong,
price,
availability of a single wheel in case of a mishap

Now the first two and too some extent the last can be covered with the usual suspects like Enkei, Rays etc but the price was out of my budget or for what i was prepared to spend,
Price range, plenty of choice but were ether ship anchors and poor offsets,

Now being the age i am the wheel of choice for Rally cars F1 etc was OZ this was the wheel we all had to have, Hmm you don't seem to see these around much these days so a quick google search and yeah they they are they even still do the ultralegga's,

An hour or so of going though they're catalogue it turned out they do a wheel called the Alleggerita and the nick name Leggy Rita's which are formed using HLT technology in effect a lightweight cast alloy which is heat treated which results in a very lightweight but strong wheel and each wheel comes with a weight certificate and they do them in virtually the correct offset but do have a very good list of et's for those that want more poke, i went for 7.5 x 17 et 48 front and 8.5 x 17 et 59 rear. they do a 7 x 17 et 49 i went for the 7.5 as i have a better tyre width choice

Now off to find a set hmm they aren't that cheap at demon Tweaks but can be found for about the same price of the Enkei, so i search for UK dealers and low and behold good old Si at Hendy pops ups up as an official OZ dealer so i few emails back and forth and the price turns out to be more in line with my tight arse approach,

Alleggerita's are available in a very good selection of colours with Titanium tech being there base colour and very reasonable price the coloured ones tend to have a small mark up over the T-tech, i ended up ordering the race gold and on Monday they arrived at my workshop, now to decide which 1B tyre i'm going to wrap them in or i may just hang them on the wall they look so good,

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...KQ55h-951j59XA

Big thanks to Si at Hendy for sorting me out a good deal and keeping them within my price range always a pleasure to deal with.

Last edited by Daytona-Dave; 07-20-2017 at 02:10 AM.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny, I saw the video posted on Hendy's Facebook page of these this morning. Gonna look awesome on your car with that colour combo
Old 07-19-2017, 11:51 PM

Received 343 Likes on 320 Posts

Nice wheels have O.Z Crono on my Civic very old now and still on same paint.
How much for the hat
Old 07-20-2017, 12:29 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

I'd take the first picture down if I were you. Otherwise you'll have the PC pounces on your back accusing you of posting sexist content!
Old 07-20-2017, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by richmc
I'd take the first picture down if I were you. Otherwise you'll have the PC pounces on your back accusing you of posting sexist content!
:
Old 07-20-2017, 12:35 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Rich, you're obviously not aware of the "hotties" forum here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/hotties-128/

Old 07-20-2017, 01:07 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Rich, you're obviously not aware of the "hotties" forum here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/hotties-128/

Flipping typical! clicked on the link just to see what you were on about, and the Mrs walked in the room.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:09 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

i love the look of these wheels, could you not get away with the 8.5s all round?
Old 07-20-2017, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by har-vey
i love the look of these wheels, could you not get away with the 8.5s all round?
Maybe as the et is 59 and it seems to be the choice across the pond but i wanted to keep the stagger
Old 07-20-2017, 01:48 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

That's fair enough, be lighter staggered as well. Just thought you would be able to have more choice for rubber. These would sit almost 20mm further in board than mine which makes its a very tempting option. would you mind PMing me how much they were

Quick Reply: Leggy Rita turned up on Monday