UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

heated seats button options

Old 12-18-2017, 05:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default heated seats button options

I really fancy installing heated seats but i'm conscious of being able to return to stock at some point in the future if I wish. The problem is, most installs seem to involve drilling holes either side of the power outlet. I'm ok with this but it would mean buying and storing a massive piece of spare trim.

I was wondering if there is anywhere else that is easier to return to stock? I've never bought spares for my S as i'm a new owner so not sure what comes up and prices... Are there smaller bit of trim that would also be suitable?

Thanks
Old 12-18-2017, 05:59 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

How about inside the centre console under the sliding lid, putting it back would just need a blanking grommet, no one is going to notice that.
Or depending on what year you have if you don't have VSA there's already a blank on the dash you can use.

Last edited by richmc; 12-18-2017 at 06:03 AM.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:36 AM

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

I have installed the type that has a single switch unit with two "roller switches" in it - with 10 levels. I have put it in the centre console under the sliding lid as richmc suggested. I didn't drill any holes - there is *just* enough room to get the get the cable over the back of the tray and under the sliding lid. I attached the switch unit with a double sided sticker - been there since early this year and hasn't fallen off yet!
Old 12-18-2017, 08:11 AM

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

You get 2 stage rocker switches with the Waeco heated kit that are around 12mm - I have drilled mine into the centre console around the cigarette lighter.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by mcrossley
I have installed the type that has a single switch unit with two "roller switches" in it - with 10 levels. I have put it in the centre console under the sliding lid as richmc suggested. I didn't drill any holes - there is *just* enough room to get the get the cable over the back of the tray and under the sliding lid. I attached the switch unit with a double sided sticker - been there since early this year and hasn't fallen off yet!
Would love to see some pictures if possible? Sounds like a clever solution.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by nomadicS2k
You get 2 stage rocker switches with the Waeco heated kit that are around 12mm - I have drilled mine into the centre console around the cigarette lighter.
yeah that seems to be the favoured route and it certainly looks good but no way to return to stock without purchasing quite a lot of new trim which i'm keen to avoid.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by richmc
How about inside the centre console under the sliding lid, putting it back would just need a blanking grommet, no one is going to notice that.
Or depending on what year you have if you don't have VSA there's already a blank on the dash you can use.
I'm leaning towards the ashtray. Seems to be something that's not used often and i'm happy for the switches to be hidden. I could even get a replacement tray as they seem super easy to change and not an expensive purchase (in the scheme of things)
Old 12-18-2017, 09:19 AM

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by sanch3z
Would love to see some pictures if possible? Sounds like a clever solution.
You'll have to wait until I'm back home on Friday.

This is the kit I used (or similar) - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Seats-U...V/162381827286

I shaved the 'lip' off the right hand side of the switch to make that side flat to stick to the right-hand side of the cubby as far back as it would go. It leaves most of the tray free and the ashtray in place - I find that handy for storing small items as it stops them rolling around.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:19 AM

Received 126 Likes on 109 Posts

I installed the switch in the little triangular panel by your knee, and around the corner from the radio panel. The panel pops out. I installed the kit in 2007, but 10 years later I have to admit I don't use it much - the battery isn't really dimensioned for the additional load.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by mcrossley
You'll have to wait until I'm back home on Friday.

This is the kit I used (or similar) - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Seats-U...V/162381827286

I shaved the 'lip' off the right hand side of the switch to make that side flat to stick to the right-hand side of the cubby as far back as it would go. It leaves most of the tray free and the ashtray in place - I find that handy for storing small items as it stops them rolling around.
Very interesting, I can't believe how cheap that kit is!!! I need to swap my car seats around and fix a slightly dropped bolster so figured this might as well be done at the same time. If I don't use it much it's not a great expense but perhaps to use occasionally. If you could upload some pics when it's convenient I would love to see them thanks

Quick Reply: heated seats button options