UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

s2000 soft top cover

Old 09-18-2017, 08:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default s2000 soft top cover

Any body got a soft top cover for when the top is down
are they any good
how much would a mint one cost
how do they fix any views would be great thanks john
Old 09-18-2017, 10:49 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Do you mean the tonneau? I’d imagine lots of people have them in the garage somewhere, as do I. They attach (on MY02 anyway) with two fittings near the headrests and one each side by the doors. It’s a bit fiddly sometimes.

As for value, I’ve seen people pay for them but others also give them away for free out of disgust.

You’re welcome to mine if you want it. Not sure if it’s mint, I’ll have to dust it off.
The following users liked this post:
john walker (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 11:08 AM

I mate what a nice person to help a follower s2000 man out I have a gt 2008
the cover I have seen is when the roof is folded back you wrap it so it looks a bit cleaner and maybe more aerodynamic with the hood hided behind a cover
is this is what you have
if so let me know and will arrange a pick up and any photos would be great
I don't mind treating you has I don't want something for nothing
but I only will be driving my car in summer and my car with the hood down unless I get in rain
so want every thing to look mint
looking so if its if its a clean and brush up that would be fine but do not want to say if its a bit ragy I don't want it and not insult you if not good to mint thanks john
Old 09-19-2017, 12:06 AM

I’ll get you some pics tonight John. If you don’t want it, I won’t be offended but I think it’s good nick as I only used it twice iirc.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:20 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I hadn't used mine in 12 years and the other weekend pulled it out, dusted off the cobwebs and 10 minutes with interior detailer later looked as good as new.

Nice warm day helps - gets a bit inflexible when cold..
The following users liked this post:
john walker (09-19-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 01:33 AM

Default soft top cover

may seem a stupid question but do they fold up small so if you get caught out in rain and have to put your roof up does it compact down to fit in boot ok or even back of seats thanks john
Old 09-19-2017, 02:21 AM

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

The ends tuck into a strap on the back, that brings it down to about half it's original size. It easily fits in the boot, behind the seats would be a struggle.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:26 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

They fold somewhat. I think there's a diagram showing how. Fits in the trunk/boot. As long as you don't want anything else in there. Too stiff and bulky to fit behind the seats.

I fitted it to the car one (1) time. Went in my shed. My roof goes down and back up a couple times a day so the cover is completely not convenient albeit attractive when fitted. Rarely see one on another S2000. Negates the 6-second roof up/down advantage. Car gets too dirty inside with the roof down even in my kinda-clean attached garage.

-- Chuck
Old 09-19-2017, 06:20 AM

I put it on to keep autumn leaves out of the brushes. Didn’t work.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:06 AM

I everyone I take it from the posts its not very convenient but like you say my hood is up when I put the car in the garage for dirt getting in the car
I only go out when its fine and so would then have to put it on when going out dropping the roof then take it back off when getting home will have to think about it before .
.cynicg let me know how nice it is but I don't want to offend you by saying thanks but no thanks after comments about it been a fafh to put on thanks john

Quick Reply: s2000 soft top cover