UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S2000 Track Day Videos Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 07:25 PM

Received 344 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by GT 52DDD
Great videos guys, particuarly like MB and sionburchill battling the Hondas looks to be 1-1 so far s2k vs itr haha. Here's some of my videos from knockhill one videos has the shorter 4.44 final drive, other is standard.
spec-
pwjdm chamber intake
4.44 final drive
decat
project mu 2 piece discs
dixcel z pads
tein lowering springs
advan ad08 tyres

Enjoy...

https://youtu.be/kNq9kd1J96Q

https://youtu.be/h-Z0leasQNE
Looks like the Ad08 R are good,just fitted mine > coming from Fed 595RSR- snow preventing play =nice driving
Old 03-18-2018, 04:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by noodels
Looks a very composed set up , whats with your Ohlins 10/8 kgs + damper settings used,take it Pre facelift 00?with Oem Arbs -16"s wheels &tyres?
it's the Ohlins DFV factory spring rates, the spring are 8k at the rear. I was on 11 clicks front and 12 rear, ran a bit softer in the rear for better traction in the slippy morning weather. It's a 2007 DBW car with the OEM ARB's and a set of Enkei RPF1's, 17x8 at the front and 17x9 at the back with standard facelift size AD08R's. Next time out I'll start stiffening the dampers up and seeing how the car responds on track, but I tend to prefer a slightly softer, more predictable, better to be quick over many laps than crazily quick for one but struggling with the car for the rest IMO.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:17 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

My most recent outting to Anglesey. Suffered supercharger woes on the way to the track day. Alas, prior preparation prevents p*ss poor performace, The night before I did the track day, I took my factory injectors and factory map sensor with me. Removed the SC, fitted injectors and map sensor, flashed my old NA tune on her and I was back in action! minus 200hp Still had good fun and felt I improved over my 1st session 2 years ago! Much later braking and better corner speeds thanks to the AP's and AD08R's.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:32 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Well, I didn't get much in the way of video (some footage of my co-driver on an instruction lap) but I have had a successful first track day in the S - thankfully I haven't had to have it towed to Ray @ Daytona Autos

Took it to Cadwell on a novice day today, a roasting 28°C air temperature, track temps well into the high 40's. Other cars on track were three Caterhams, a Lotus Elise, an M2, a couple of heavily modified Saxoes, a pristine Integra, a rather loud and spritely Civic Type-R, and a couple of MR2s. My S2K isn't modified other than a baffle in the sump.

It was an absolute blast, managed to progress from being smoked by just about everything on track to holding off and then pulling away from the M2 in the last session. Co-driver seemed to really enjoy the S (he has an M2 as his daily). Huge increase in confidence in the car and my ability to handle it - although Wuss Mode aka Traction Control was on, it actually only kicked in over the crest of The Mountain, not any of the long sweepers at Cadwell, or the other places I expected to see issues (Hairpin, Barn).

Learnings:
  • Lee was right about the brakes, could really do with some better pads on for track work. I'm thinking about ducting as well
  • Oil cooler is probably a good plan as well
  • Good grief the S2K can change directions on a bloody dime
  • Toyo Proxes TR1s had waaaaay more grip than I expected
  • I actually seem to have not cocked up any of the maintenance I've done, including the sump drop / reinstall and the valve cover gasket replacement
  • Ray was right everything was fine

• Me and co-driver Ben

Toyos looking melty after several sessions

End of the day
Old 06-26-2018, 05:00 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Good going Fellblade I love Cadwell Park the track is awesome with the tight twisties Hall bends then the the Goose neck is one of my favourite parts of the track and the mountain, the mountain i just had to let off just a little my first time round there got mega sideways ( no TRC ) its the little hump just before the top of the hill that caught me out. Hairpin is ok because you come braking into it after Halls bends but Barn in the damp or wet is no fun, i will upload my vid tonight if i can

glad you enjoyed it i keep telling my pals we need to do a day there some time soon

PS try some proper tyres T1R's are terrible, you will only notice this once you have driven on something designed for track
Old 06-27-2018, 08:42 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Not sure how to embed the videos to the post but here is a few links to the ones i have up loaded,

Im no expert driver just like to have some fun on the racetrack hope you enjoy

first time up loading to Youtube so not sure if its all fine might need to find them on Youtube site. Some of the audio is very poor by the way, i apologise for that

Old 06-27-2018, 10:35 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

So what tyres were you running in that session? I wasn't aware the TR1s were that bad - though clearly not a track tyre!
Old 06-27-2018, 10:46 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Fellblade
Well, I didn't get much in the way of video (some footage of my co-driver on an instruction lap) but I have had a successful first track day in the S - thankfully I haven't had to have it towed to Ray @ Daytona Autos

Took it to Cadwell on a novice day today, a roasting 28°C air temperature, track temps well into the high 40's. Other cars on track were three Caterhams, a Lotus Elise, an M2, a couple of heavily modified Saxoes, a pristine Integra, a rather loud and spritely Civic Type-R, and a couple of MR2s. My S2K isn't modified other than a baffle in the sump.

It was an absolute blast, managed to progress from being smoked by just about everything on track to holding off and then pulling away from the M2 in the last session. Co-driver seemed to really enjoy the S (he has an M2 as his daily). Huge increase in confidence in the car and my ability to handle it - although Wuss Mode aka Traction Control was on, it actually only kicked in over the crest of The Mountain, not any of the long sweepers at Cadwell, or the other places I expected to see issues (Hairpin, Barn).

Learnings:
  • Lee was right about the brakes, could really do with some better pads on for track work. I'm thinking about ducting as well
  • Oil cooler is probably a good plan as well
  • Good grief the S2K can change directions on a bloody dime
  • Toyo Proxes TR1s had waaaaay more grip than I expected
  • I actually seem to have not cocked up any of the maintenance I've done, including the sump drop / reinstall and the valve cover gasket replacement
  • Ray was right everything was fine

• Me and co-driver Ben

Toyos looking melty after several sessions

End of the day
Glad you enjoyed yourself, i was a nervous wreck on my first track day earlier in the year
Old 06-27-2018, 12:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Monday 18th June at Anglesey. This is the second trackday I've run with the Ohlins in a more track oriented setting (7 clicks Front & Rear.) I was pushing hard at this point, really enjoying the car. Conditions were very atmospheric and suited the car very nicely. A rough quickest lap time from the evening was approx 1.23. I'm pretty happy with that, but there's a lot more time to come, and it's from me and not the car.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:51 PM

Received 126 Likes on 107 Posts

https://youtu.be/bFbdLf7lmLI
https://youtu.be/kAUrBHX9GP0

Couple of sessions from my first supercharged track day, Abingdon airfield. Bit of a shake down day really, as I hadn't fitted brake ducting or an oil cooler. It coped ok at lower air temperatures and not quite redlining it, but water temps started to rise in the afternoon. Then I cracked a disc! Had cooled the car down and parked up. Stood next to it and heard a 'ping'! Sure enough, a crack had formed in the front right.

Quick Reply: S2000 Track Day Videos Thread