UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S2000GT, UK Mugen S2000, OEM S02 PP Tires, VB-H's S2000, oh and the Honda-r Meet!

Old 12-02-2001, 12:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default S2000GT, UK Mugen S2000, OEM S02 PP Tires, VB-H's S2000, oh and the Honda-r Meet!

Just got back a little while ago from the Honda-R Meet. Had a great time. 100% increase in S2000 representation (hi composite_guru).

Anyway, there was a Honda UK Pr guy there (brought a new CTR). He hand some interesting tit-bits on information.

- He was the guy who brought the LHD CTR to Bentwaters.
- Remember the 'S200 OUK' plate that appears mis-spaced on lots of press cars? This was the guy who bought it. It's probably going to be transfered onto a red car soon.
- Vicki Butler Henderson's new S2000 was delivered by him recently. Her old S2000 had 19,000 miles on it. Guess she liked it
- S2000GT. This is an S2000 with a hard top. No other changes as far as he said. It isn't a definite yet, but they are still looking at it...
- UK Mugen S2000. They have been looking into this for some months. It would be a UK car with some Mugen parts on (he wouldn't say exactly what). It would be a seperate model - not an upgrade. This would only happen if they can get type approval (suprised me, I thought they'd go for SVA or similar on these due to volume... ). One problem he did mention was they don't like having to cut the hood for the CAI. (I liked the fact that he knew and mentioned that the hood needs cutting for the Mugen CAI - I didn't mention this, nor did the other S2000 owner. Suggests he does actually know a bit about the Mugen S2000 bits...). He said they are still looking into making this car, but don't hold your breath.
- He liked Monte Carlo Blue with the hard top on. Guy has impeccible taste
- Honda have tested the OEM S02PP's from the S2000 on other cars. They "don't work on any other car". He also commented that they worked the best of the alterantives they've tried. Now, I don't know what alternatives they've tried, but I found it interesting that they are still trying tires out.
- No, he wouldn't say anything on the new ITR coming to the UK. (Yes, I did ask, being around a lot of great ITR's and sitting in one again brought back a lot of good memories...)
- CTR deliveries are being held up due to a lack of some parts... not due to paint issues.

-Brian.
Old 12-02-2001, 06:28 PM

Originally posted by bmarshall
- S2000GT. This is an S2000 with a hard top. No other changes as far as he said. It isn't a definite yet, but they are still looking at it...

-Brian.

This is just the car that most of the board said they wouldn't buy as they couldn't see the point. As I said in the other thread, what is the point in buying a coupe when you can have the convertible and a hard top in one?!
Old 12-02-2001, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good day Brian, got any pics.
Old 12-03-2001, 12:29 AM

James: This actually sounds like my car! I'd imagine it would be a cheap way of getting the hardtop.

AnDY: There are lots of pics. There will be a report going up on the Honda-R web site soon. It was a shame that some people had left before the group photos though. Peak numbers were around 80-90 - being a freezing cold day by late afternoon when the group picture was taken around 20-30 cars had left. Still a great range left - NSX, S2000's, ITR's, CTR's etc...

-Brian.
Old 12-03-2001, 12:33 AM

There is a full spec Mugen doing the rounds of Southern UK dealers......

Personally I don't like the black bonnet
Old 12-03-2001, 06:33 AM

The Honda PR guy mentioned this Mugen S2000 that was doing the rounds. Though I got the impression from what he said that it would soon be rather than it already was.

Nice to see your S2K Brian. I must say I really do like that blue. I'd like to see one in Japanese Racing White now, I really like the pics I've seen of the white ones.

It was the first time I'd seen a CTR in the flesh too. Very nice. Much better looking than the regular 5 door Civic, of which there seem to be millions on the roads already.
Old 12-03-2001, 09:59 AM

Originally posted by vteclimey
The Honda PR guy mentioned this Mugen S2000 that was doing the rounds. Though I got the impression from what he said that it would soon be rather than it already was.

Nice to see your S2K Brian. I must say I really do like that blue. I'd like to see one in Japanese Racing White now, I really like the pics I've seen of the white ones.

It was the first time I'd seen a CTR in the flesh too. Very nice. Much better looking than the regular 5 door Civic, of which there seem to be millions on the roads already.
Thanks Matt. I'm not sure if I met you or not, but I certainly met at least 3 or 4 Matts! The CTR is looking better over time. I wasn't impressed when I first saw it at Bentwaters, but in context with all ages of different Hondas it did seem to work a lot better. Certainly the wheels (I'm not a big fan of large wheels though.) seemed to really balance the car out - it's amazing how small most Honda wheels seem to be!

The wheels on the NSX looked great IMHO. A petty there weren't some wheel options for the S2000 - either the JDM 6 Spokes, or the NSX wheels on a few S2000's would really break things up more!

-Brian.
Old 12-03-2001, 11:42 AM

I could have sworn i posted a while ago that the UK price list shows the "GT pack" as Hardtop, spoilers (front & rear) and side strakes for less than constituent parts...hence S2000GT

Sanjay
Old 12-03-2001, 11:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sparmar 1
I seem to recall reading that. I take it we're not talking about a fixed hardtop... just the removable one thrown in with the price? I seem to remember a target price of
Old 12-03-2001, 11:59 AM

Hi Cedric,
I can't remember the exact price but yeah it was removable hardtop plus other bits at a discount, labelled "GT pack".

Sanjay

Quick Reply: S2000GT, UK Mugen S2000, OEM S02 PP Tires, VB-H's S2000, oh and the Honda-r Meet!