UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S2000s for sale - Theres not many this year!

Old 04-08-2014, 02:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default S2000s for sale - Theres not many this year!

Just been having a browse through Pistonheads, Autotrader and Ebay. Is it just me or does there not seem to be that many S2000s for sale at the moment? I remember last year when I was looking for mine Pistonheads consistently had over 65 cars for sale. There are 24 now! Many seem to be from dealers with pretty high prices and then others are at the cheaper end but I know will probably need love of work.

I am unsure what to do with mine. I'm just looking to do a complete rebush on it as Im sure my one front compliance bush is seized, then I have new wheels (either facelift or my RPF01) and coilovers and an exhaust to go on. By the time I've done all that the cars going to owe me around £7500-8k.

Half of me thinks I'd be better off looking for one that's had all of this done. I could probably even get a facelift with most of it already done for that. I'm at a real crossroads.... again! It's even harder as I don't want anything moonrock/silverstone/black!

Anyways, was just an observation! What do you guys think? Gutted I missed ch3tmans yellow one that sold within a day last week!
Old 04-08-2014, 02:59 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

I'd considered selling mine but it's almost paid for / running as well as ever however the only thing it needs is paint on the front wings and bonnet and that's it - doubt i'd get more than 6500 privately and then like you, I'd be stuck for something that is as much fun to replace it with that would need ALL of the mechanical work doing that i've had done.

Ergo i'll keep it and i'd bet that's what the other non selling owners are thinking.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:31 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Appreciating prices seem to reflect lack of supply too - I've not been looking at the market too closely but I think you're right there are fewer around compared to the same time last year and the year before.

Everyone is hanging on to theirs it seems - I for one have no intention of selling up
Old 04-08-2014, 03:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd hold on. There will be some heavily modified cars sold this year I guarantee it.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

S2000s are cheap now and as the weather is improving I reckon people will just keep them for a bit longer.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:46 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Definitely a reduced number, I bought my second one last after writing it off and sourcing another it took a while.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought mine in November 2013, and there was on average 30-35 for sale at the time when I looked every 30mins!

I snapped mine up (phoned within an hour, viewed and put deposit down next day), and I'm glad I did!

Good ones don't seem to hang about long.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:58 AM
BCA

Originally Posted by garylythgoe
I bought mine in November 2013, and there was on average 30-35 for sale at the time when I looked every 30mins!

I snapped mine up (phoned within an hour, viewed and put deposit down next day), and I'm glad I did!

Good ones don't seem to hang about long.
Exactly the same experience from December 2013. All sensibly priced cars sold instantly. Would not be surprised if they level off/start to appreciate in the next 5 years now.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:58 AM

Keep it, nothing as good as.

Could look at a paint job for something unique?

Hopefully with the S2000's being harder to get hold of the prices will stay and possibly demand more for them.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:05 AM

I think Fester has hit the nail on the head.
If you have one that you're even reasonably happy with, unless you are being forced to sell the cost to change for something that is comparable/better just doesn't seem to make sense.
That's the conclusion I came to a couple of years ago, and even though I've spent some on mine since, I can't really think of anything I'd rather have - well, not until I win the lottery and money becomes no object I suppose.....

Quick Reply: S2000s for sale - Theres not many this year!