UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S200OOD

Old 03-31-2015, 04:56 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by chrispayze
Question for you guys suffering breakages on the TTS kit. We're they all version 1 brackets? Or were some v2? I'm getting a kit in the summer, which I intend to use for occasional track days, that's all.
I had numerous problems with the first version of the bracket but since changing to the second version I have only had the one issue where I needed to swap bearings in the pulleys, that was around 3 years ago and I haven't had a problem since.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great update Razz! Glad to hear this thing is moving forward
We might even get a blast about up at Knockhill with our cars this year.... Maybe...
Old 04-07-2015, 01:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah Im desperate to get out and shred some tyres, I've got a huge stash of track tyres to obliterate.

In order of age - Michelin Slicks on em 17s (might keep these for drag racing events), R888s on Rays wheels (the oldest and probably the hardest/least grippy), AO48s on CE28s (weird to me big front tyre 235f/255r set up) and a set of Nankang NS-2R Soft compounds ready to be applied!

Sadly though I'm waiting on a few items before I can get the car back on them, some 'brake oil' and a replacement set of oil lines from the engine to the cooler.

So after working my way through the easter weekend i thought I'd go and seek some inspiration down at the garage. I could have fallen asleep under the car, not only because of my own personal fatigue levels but because the view was soon good lol

Time to head off to pray to the gods we know as DHL, TNT and i'll even hedge my bets with a quick one to City Link!
Old 04-07-2015, 04:53 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

how do you get on with the Nitrons? someones on here fell to bits after a pretty small mileage and that put me off given the price
Old 04-07-2015, 01:12 PM

Wow! Im surprised. Any more info on that would be appreciated.

So far mine have been fantastic. They are due a service though they don't feel like they need. But soo far soo good. They take the sting out of 18kg springs, have almost unlimited adjustability in height/damper settings also they are exceptionally light. Also after being on the car for 3years zero corrosion.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:21 PM

That looks how it should look underneath now Razz.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:48 AM

Yup and it aligned well too.

Assuming I believe what kwikfit's machine said!

I raised up the suspension with a bit more preload, slightly gay having an arch gap on top but it's grown on me also their should be handling benefits from lowering it.

Front

-2"10 camber
7'35 Castor

Rear

-1'40 camber
0'10 toe

Also I fitted a larger oil cooler and lines.

235x19 Mocal with An10 braided lines. There's a swivel adaptor for the oil pressure enroute from somewhere soon too.

And in other news, I've just covered 280 miles at 20% max throttle below 5000rpm. It is was a very pleasant trip thanks to a Bose A20 aviation headset, with noise cancelling and Music streaming!

Who needs a stereo!

I'm currently sitting outside the Dyno, the map needs a little tweak since last year. Last time the car did 368whp at 1bar.

Let's see what difference this makes-

bigger super charger
bigger exhaust
different inlet manifold/ throttle body/ inter cooler and pipe work
Fuel rail / an6 lines (thanks HEL performance)
Bosch 044 inline fuel pump

Fingers crossed it'll put the power to weight closer to this-

Old 04-19-2015, 02:29 AM

Well a day of successful tuning. Pre- Dyno inspections took a little longer than I had expected but revealed some good and bad points. Compression test came back perfect, all four cylinders 245-250psi, boroscope showed good signs. Pressure test of intake and water system showed a couple loose-ish clips that were tightened but higlighted the need for a simplification of the top radiator hose.

So 5hrs of Dyno time later we had a good solid map on the car. It's seeing 16.9psi boost at the map sensor which resulted in headline figures of 427.7whp and 270wtq.

That's a massive improvement over the old setup. 20whp in the midrange and 50whp up top. That's for almost identical boost pressures as well!

Old 04-19-2015, 02:37 AM

Great stuff, mate!
Your car is making the same WHP as my S now.... if you don't rev past 5500rpm
Looking forward to some supercar hunting with this beast in the near future
Old 04-19-2015, 02:45 AM

Mmmmmm! Nice, I would just feel sooooo uncomfortable about the gay colour.You can't even get away from the gay colour when you get out on the bike.Ill send you some pics of mine to give you an idea of how to look a tough guy.

Good power tho Razz, how does it feel on the road.?

Quick Reply: S200OOD