UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

For Sale threads

Old 03-09-2011, 02:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obviously all the rules about the memberships of the two different bodies are at the top in a sticky.
But, it's a valid question from Vix about whether those rules may benefit from a review or discussion.

If this is the home of S2KUK then it may be worth discussing whether S2KUK paying members should be able to advertise on here in addition to the S2KI paying members.

Perhaps one for the next AGM.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:57 AM

For those saying I should pony up ( foster!) I have been a fully paid up member for 7 year. I now rarely use the site except to post up the regular Surrey meet thread. I have no issues with s2kuk and will continue to pay that until I no longer have Yoshi. It was a legitimate question as things have moved on from the days this decision was made and this forum is no also the forum for that uk club.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:00 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

I'm pretty sure that the S2KUK website is going to be impressive once it's finished. Perhaps it's worth asking the S2KUK people if there will be a "Members only market" there?

There's no way things will change here with regards to membership, I'd suggest.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:10 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova
I'm pretty sure that the S2KUK website is going to be impressive once it's finished. Perhaps it's worth asking the S2KUK people if there will be a "Members only market" there?
Very impressive! and Yes
Old 03-09-2011, 09:23 AM

Hi all,
as a paying member of S2KUK it might be nice to post your for-sale items on our "home" community.
Many of the items for sale would probably be of no interest to the International community.
Isn't a UK For Sale area a bit fairer for s2k"UK" members?

DaveO
Old 03-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

S2KUK and S2KI are separate entities. To post FS here you need to be an S2KI member, that is the site that hosts the forums, not S2KUK.

There are plans for a classified section on the new S2KUK website.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
To post FS here you need to be an S2KI member, that is the site that hosts the forums, not S2KUK.

There are plans for a classified section on the new S2KUK website.

Cool.

It will be interesting how the new forum develops.

I just want to clarify from my first post though (and I appreciate that s2ki hosts the forums but for a long time we know that this is used currently as the forum for s2kuk unofficially). We voted in 2004 to limit for sale to members only:
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/230...+post+for+sale

Is this now a board wide policy that has been adopted for all countries or still just a UK decision. If it was a decision per country then personally I think it should be reviewed again as we now have S2kuk members only.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:04 PM
UK Moderator

The main FS forum is limited to Members only

Member S2000 Classifieds and For SaleItems for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.

Welcome to the For Sale Forum!
Only current S2KI members may post items for sale, trade or swap. You may only post second-hand or used items. Items for resale or import will be promptly removed and the poster may be banned or suspended. Those using this area for fraudulent activities will be banned and reported to the police. You must provide proof of shipping (tracking number) within 7 days of completion of the sale or you may lose your posting privileges. Please refer to the full For Sale Posting Rules.
https://www.s2ki.com/...s-and-for-sale/
Old 03-09-2011, 11:06 PM

I've just checked and it seems that all the different for sale boards on the site are restricted to members only.

As this is the official home of S2UK I think it would be nice if the S2UK members were able to post for sale items on here, but this site does seem to be very much based around making money from subscribers S2KI.
It's the only internet forum I've ever used (or in fact seen) where only members can have avatars and suchlike.
That's fair enough though, it's S2KIs house so it's their rules.

I'm not sure what the agreements are between S2KI and S2UK about whether some allowances could be made for S2UK members who wanted to sell things.
Now the points been raised I guess we just wait and see if the management team want to try some negotiations.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:58 AM
UK Moderator

Rob, the official home of S2KUK is http://s2kuk.com/s2kuk/index.php not here.

As stated above, S2KUK members will soon be able to sell things there. You have the choice whether to pay 0,1 or 2 subscriptions and obtain the relevant selling rights. Given it's a grant total £22.50 for both, that a lot less than what Ebay is likely to cost, never mind the associated benefits of S2KUK membership.

Quick Reply: For Sale threads